India Express Logistics Market Overview, 2022-28
Logistics is an integral activity for economic growth as it involves the management of flow of goods from the place of origination to the place of consumption. The sector comprises shipping, port operation, warehousing, rail, road, air freight, express cargo and other value added services. Businesses need logistics services for reaching out to their customers within the tight timelines and delivering products. The express industry, by creating and integrating door to door linkage across domestic and international regions along with shipment tracking facilities, serves the need for time sensitive logistics service. Surface express logistics is the dominant mode of transportation followed by air express in India. Government initiatives to develop infrastructure and implementing new tax regime GST have changed the express logistics business.
According to India Express Logistics Market Overview, 2027-28, express logistics sector is primarily categorized into four segments that include surface express, air express, rail parcel and Indian postal services. Surface express logistics contributes the maximum market share followed by air express and rail parcels. However, Indian postal services are now growing fast due to their presence across country; they have good reach in rural areas covering maximum villages in all the 29 states. Major players operating in the express logistics market of India are Blue Dart, FedEx, Safexpress and Gati Limited. These four players together control over 40% of the market revenues. Surface express is led by Gati Limited and Safexpress whereas Air express is led by Blue Dart and FedEx. Significant investment opportunities exist across every segment of logistics industry and thus several international players such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and Kintetsu World express have already entered the Indian market, through green field projects, Joint ventures and acquisitions.
Express logistics companies in India are moving from traditional set ups towards integration of IT and technology and this is expected to reduce the costs incurred and meet services demand. Government's initiative 'Make in India' is expected to boost the manufacturing sector to 10% growth. EXIM Cargo, Agriculture, textile, auto and auto ancillary have been identified as traditional growth drivers to demand for express & warehouses space in India. Booming e-commerce market is also a major growth driver for express logistics. With the introduction of GST, interstate transportation has become more efficient due to removing multiple taxes in state and central. As a result of which, Indian logistics industry is receiving unprecedented interest among the global as well as domestic investor community. Global players like XPO, Nippon Express, Yamato, C.H Robinson etc have set their eyes on this emerging opportunity.
• Surface Express
• Air Express
• Rail Parcel
• Indian Postal Service
“India Express Logistics Market Overview, 2022-28” discusses the following aspects of express logistics services in India:
How it will help solving your strategic decision making process??
The report gives an in-depth understanding of express logistics market in India:
- India Logistics Market Outlook
- India Logistics Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Logistics Market Segmental Analysis: By Logistics Spending, By Mode of Transportation
- India Express Logistics Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Organized Express Logistics Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Organized Express Logistics Market Size By Mode of Transport By Value & Forecast
- India Organized Express Logistics Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Region, By Market Structure, By End User Industry
- India Unorganized Express Logistics Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Organized Surface Express Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Organized Surface Express Market Segmental Analysis: By Company
- India Domestic Air Express Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Domestic Air Express Market Size By Volume & Forecast
- India Domestic Air Express Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Document Type
- India Rail Express Logistics Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Rail Express Logistics Market Size By Volume & Forecast
- India Postal Express Logistics Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Postal Express Logistics Market Size By Volume & Forecast
- Key vendors in this market space
This report can be useful to Industry consultants, manufacturers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies. In addition to marketing & presentations, it will also increase competitive knowledge about the industry.
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interviews with various service providers of express logistics in India. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook