Fleet Management in South Africa is the second consecutive report from Berg Insight analysing the latest developments on the South African fleet management market. For the first time, the new edition of the report also includes an outlook on the African market beyond South Africa.
This strategic research report from Berg Insight provides you with 100 pages of unique business intelligence including 5-year industry forecasts and expert commentary on which to base your business decisions.
Highlights from the second edition of the report:
Insights from numerous interviews with market-leading companies.
New data on vehicle populations and commercial fleets in South Africa and other African countries.
Comprehensive overview of the fleet management value chain and key applications.
In-depth analysis of market trends and key developments.
Updated profiles of 24 aftermarket fleet management solution providers.
Summary of OEM propositions from commercial vehicle brands.
Market forecasts lasting until 2021.
Outlook on the African fleet management market beyond South Africa.
This report answers the following questions:
How does the fleet management market in South Africa compare with other markets?
What is the price level of South African fleet telematics solutions?
Which are the leading domestic providers of aftermarket fleet management solutions?
Which international fleet management providers are targeting the South African market?
What hurdles are there for foreign players?
What offerings are available from commercial vehicle OEMs?
What challenges and opportunities are there in the rest of Africa?
Will the FM industry consolidate further during 2017–2018?
How will the commercial vehicle telematics industry evolve in the future?
- List of Figures
- Executive summary
- 1 Fleet management solutions
- 1.1 Fleet management infrastructure
- 1.1.1 Vehicle segment
- 1.1.2 GNSS segment
- 1.1.3 Network segment
- 1.1.4 Backoffice segment
- 1.2 Vehicle management
- 1.2.1 Vehicle diagnostics and maintenance planning
- 1.2.2 Security tracking
- 1.3 Driver management
- 1.3.1 Driving data registration and analysis
- 1.3.2 Video-based driver monitoring
- 1.3.3 Eco-driving schemes
- 1.3.4 Insurance risk management
- 1.4 Operations management
- 1.4.1 Routing and navigation
- 1.4.2 Transport management
- 1.4.3 Mobile workforce management
- 1.5 Regulatory compliance and reporting
- 1.5.1 Driver working hours, logbooks and tachographs
- 1.5.2 Electronic toll collection – e-toll and e-tags
- 1.5.3 SARS travel logbooks
- 1.5.4 Traffic fine management and demerit points – AARTO
- 1.5.5 Road Transport Management System (RTMS)
- 1.5.6 Distracted driving
- 1.5.7 Special transports
- 1.6 Business models
- 2 Market forecasts and trends
- 2.1 Market analysis
- 2.1.1 The South African vehicle market
- 2.1.2 Fleet management installed base and unit shipments
- 2.1.3 Fleet management vendor market shares
- 2.1.4 Local market characteristics in South Africa
- 2.2 Market drivers and barriers
- 2.2.1 Macroeconomic environment
- 2.2.2 Regulatory environment
- 2.2.3 Competitive environment
- 2.2.4 Technology environment
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- 2.3.1 Telematics industry players
- 2.3.2 Automotive industry players
- 2.3.3 Telecom industry players
- 2.3.4 IT industry players
- 2.4 Future industry trends
- 2.5 African fleet management market outlook
- 2.5.1 Leading South African telematics players active in the Rest of Africa
- 2.5.2 Other African fleet management providers and distributors
- 2.5.3 International players active on the African fleet management market
- 2.5.4 OEM fleet telematics offerings in Africa
- 2.5.5 The African vehicle market
- 2.5.6 Analysis of the fleet management market in the Rest of Africa
- 2.5.7 The size of the African fleet management market
- 3 Company profiles
- 3.1 International aftermarket solution providers
- 3.1.1 Ctrack (Inseego)
- 3.1.2 Geotab
- 3.1.3 MiX Telematics
- 3.1.4 Pointer Telocation
- 3.1.5 TomTom Telematics
- 3.2 Local aftermarket solution providers
- 3.2.1 ACM Track
- 3.2.2 Afritelematics
- 3.2.3 Altech Netstar
- 3.2.4 Autotrak
- 3.2.5 Autowatch Telematics (PFK Electronics)
- 3.2.6 Bidtrack (Bidvest Group)
- 3.2.7 Cartrack
- 3.2.8 Digit Vehicle Tracking (Digicell)
- 3.2.9 Globaltrack
- 3.2.10 Gosafe Tracking Solutions SA
- 3.2.11 GPS Tracking Solutions (Eqstra Fleet Management)
- 3.2.12 Key Telematics and partners
- 3.2.13 Mtrack (Electronic Tracking Systems)
- 3.2.14 Pointer SA
- 3.2.15 Real Telematics
- 3.2.16 SmartSurv Wireless
- 3.2.17 Tracker Connect
- 3.2.18 Turaco Business Logix
- 3.2.19 We Track 24/7 (Pope Alarms)
- List of Figures
- Figure 1.1: Fleet management infrastructure overview
- Figure 1.2: Examples of FM device form factors
- Figure 1.3: Data interfaces used by FM devices
- Figure 1.4: Examples of peripherals connected to FM devices
- Figure 1.5: Mobile operators and subscribers in South Africa (Q3-2016)
- Figure 1.6: Example of FM backoffice segment
- Figure 2.1: Commercial vehicles in use and new registrations (South Africa 2016)
- Figure 2.2: Commercial vehicle makers in South Africa by market share (December 2016)
- Figure 2.3: FM shipments, active systems and penetration (South Africa 2016–2021)
- Figure 2.4: Top-5 fleet management providers, by installed base (South Africa Q4-2016)
- Figure 2.5: Financial data for telematics industry players (2016)
- Figure 2.6: Mergers and acquisitions in the telematics space (South Africa 2014–2016)
- Figure 2.7: The presence of top-5 South African FM players on the African continent
- Figure 2.8: Vehicles in use by country (A–S) and vehicle type (Africa 2014)
- Figure 2.9: Vehicles in use by country (T–Z) and vehicle type (Africa 2014)
- Figure 3.1: The Android-based Ctrack On-The-Road (OTR) driver terminal
- Figure 3.2: MiX Telematics’ 7’’ MiX Rovi and Android-based MiX Rovi II
- Figure 3.3: TomTom Telematics’ WEBFLEET, LINK 510 and PRO 7250 driver terminal
- Figure 3.4: Digit Vehicle Tracking fleet management backoffice interface