Global Surface Treatment Chemicals Market - Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2023 (Focus on Chemical Type, Base Material, Application Vertical and Region)
The global surface treatment chemicals market is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 7.8% over the period of 2017 to 2023. This growth in the market is attributed to the increasing demand from various end use application verticals such as automotive industry, general industry, coil industry, industrial machinery, aerospace industry etc.
Surface treatment is the process in which the adhered surface of any base material like metal, plastic etc. is cleaned and/or chemically treated to promote better adhesion and enhance properties like improved appearance, wettability, solderability, corrosion resistance, tarnish resistance, chemical resistance, wear resistance, hardness and surface friction. Surface treatment is done to prevent or delay corrosion, make the material more durable and tough to bear extreme wear and tear and increase the surface energy level of a particular metal surface so that it can easily adhere to the printing or coating taking place. Surface treatment of metal plays an enormous role in extending the life of metals, such as in automotive bodies and construction materials, which makes the components durable to use for a longer period of time.
The report is a compilation of different segments of global surface treatment chemicals market including market breakdown by base material, chemical type, application and geographical location. It also includes sections on competitive insights and market dynamics. Herein the revenue generated from surface treatment chemicals is tracked to calculate the market size.
While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a comprehensive section of the application areas of the surface treatment chemicals market. It also details the key participants involved in the industry. The report answers the following questions about the global surface treatment chemicals market:
- What is the global market size by of surface treatment chemicals market?
- What are the different base material types of surface treatment chemicals? What is their contribution in terms of revenue to the overall surface treatment chemicals revenue?
- What are the different chemical types of surface treatment chemicals? What is their contribution in terms of revenue to the overall surface treatment chemicals revenue?
- What are the different application areas of surface treatment chemicals? What is their contribution in terms of revenue to the overall surface treatment chemicals revenue?
- What are the different factors driving and challenging the global surface treatment chemicals market in the forecast period?
- What are the different opportunities to look for investment in the global surface treatment chemicals market?
- Who are the leading players in the global surface treatment chemicals market? What are the key strategies they have followed to expand their market in surface treatment chemicals business?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by established and naive participants to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the global surface treatment chemicals market by the end of forecast period? Also which country in that specific region will have the largest and smallest market share by value and volume in the forecast period?
- Which application will lead the global surface treatment chemicals market by the end of forecast period?
- Which end use industry will find the largest usage of surface treatment chemicals in the forecast period?
- What is the future trend that will trail in this industry and which domains are right to focus on to make a smart move in investment?
The report has put special emphasis on the market share and size of automotive industry and general industry, owing to their large scale share in the current and upcoming market of surface treatment chemicals. The industry analysis has also been done to examine the impact of various factors and understand the overall attractiveness of the industry.
The most often used strategies for developing a better hold on to the market have been product launches and developments, business expansions followed by mergers & acquisitions and partnerships, agreements & collaborations. The company profile section includes significant information about the key companies involved along with their financials, financial summaries and key strategies & developmental activities in the recent years. Some of the key players involved in this market are Henkel AG, Chemetall, Nihon Parkerizing, PPG, Nippon Paint Holdings, Oerlikon Group, JCU Corporation, Derivados Del Fluor, Solvay, McGean Specialty Chemicals, Yuken Industry, PoliteknikMetal, PlatformSpecialty Products Corp, Quaker Chemical Corporation, Sugest, AHC Oberflächentechnik GmbH and TIB Chemicals.
Metals acquired the largest share of 82% in the global surface treatment chemicals market. Corrosion protection chemicals dominated the surface treatment chemicals market in 2016, accounting for a market share of 40.0%. Similarly, automotive industry held the highest market share by application vertical, accounting for a market share of 30.0% in 2016. Europe generated the maximum amount of revenue in the year 2016in the global surface treatment chemicals market, followed by Asia-Pacific and North America. APAC currently has the highest potential to grow and dominate in the forecast period. If the industry has the prospects of growing at a similar rapid pace, it will cross $8,097.7 million in revenue by the end of forecast period.