Global Food Safety Testing Market: Focus on Contaminant Testing (Pathogen (E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter), Pesticides, GMO, & Toxins), Technology (Traditional, Rapid) & Food Tested - Analysis & Forecast (2017-2021)
The need for food safety dates back to the days of the industrial revolution when the food industry was highly unregulated. The concern still persists but the industry is now a regulated one across the globe. The rising concerns about the food-borne illness, due to contamination of food with pathogens and other detrimental elements, has led to continuous evolution of the food safety tests at different levels. As per the data by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (U.S.), each year approximately 1 out of 6 Americans (48 million people) fall ill, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from foodborne diseases. Also, global concerns and ongoing incidences regarding genetically modified foods, chemical residues, and other similar issues in foods, had a major impact on the policy-making process in different countries.
The globalization in the food industry is the major challenge in the food safety testing market. Different regional regulations and oversight between countries could result in supply chain uncertainty and will also affect the food safety testing industry.
The report is a compilation of the different segments of the global food safety testing market, including market breakdown by the contaminant, technology, food tested and different geographical areas. Herein, the revenue generated from the different contaminant, namely, pathogen, GMO testing, pesticides, toxins and others; technology, namely rapid and traditional; and food tested, namely meat & poultry, processed food, dairy products, fruits & vegetables and others are tracked to calculate the overall market size. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the market. It also includes the key participants involved in the manufacturing and distribution of these products.
The report answers the following questions about the global food safety testing market:
- What was the size, in terms of value ($million) of the food safety testing market in 2016, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2021?
- What are different contaminant mostly present in the food tested and development initiatives undertaken by the key players in the food safety testing market?
- What was the revenue generation of food safety testing for different technologies in 2016 and what is their growth prospect?
- What is the market size of different food tested, in terms of value and their respective growth prospects and key developments?
- What is the food safety testing market size for different regions, on the basis of various types of technologies and contaminants?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market, pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of food safety testing?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for food safety testing during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global food safety testing market?
- What kind of new strategies is being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the food safety testing market by market share analysis?
- Who are the key players in the food safety testing market, along with their detailed analysis and profiles (including company snapshots, their financials, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)?
The report puts special emphasis on the market share of the leading companies in the food safety testing market, owing to the changing paradigms in the industry. The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The report also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the food safety testing market by the players.
The commonly used strategy adopted by the key players to enhance their geographical presence is mergers & acquisition, followed by new product launch. Moreover, the company profiles section highlights significant information about the key companies involved, along with their financial positions, key strategies & developmental activities since the past few years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW). Each geography details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. The prominent players operating in the global food safety testing market are SGS SA, Eurofins Scientific, Intertek Group plc., Bureau Veritas SA , ALS Limited, Mérieux NutriSciences, AsureQuality Ltd, Microbac Laboratories, Inc., Genetic ID NA, Inc., and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, among others.
*Please Note: The single user license comes with a password which can be used only by the designated user to view the file. This format does not allow the user to copy or print the document, or to share the password with anyone other than the user.*