Global Biomaterials Market - Analysis and Forecast (2017 to 2021) (Focus on Type (Polymer, metal, Ceramic, Natural, Regenerative); Application (Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Ophthalmology, Dental, Wound Healing, Plastic Surgery, Neurological, Tissue Engineering); and Region)
The global biomaterials market in terms of value is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 16.0% between 2017 and 2021. The increasing demand and the growth rate for biomaterials in the market is attributed to their growing usage in applications of cardiovascular orthopedic, ophthalmology, dental, wound healing, plastic surgery, neurological/central nervous system (CNS), and tissue engineering, among others, in the biomedical end-use industry.
The rising demand is in line with the unique properties and the biocompatabilty of biomaterials. The properties such as high strength, stiffness, corrosion resistance, fatigue strength, biofunctionality, and bioactivity make the biomaterials a preferred choice in the aforementioned applications.
The report is a compilation of various segmentations including market breakdown by biomaterial type, sub-type, end-use applications, and different geographical regions. It also includes sections on competitive insights and market dynamics. Herein, the revenue generated from the biomaterials market is tracked to calculate the market size.
While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a comprehensive section of the application areas of the biomaterials market. It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in this market.
The report addresses the following key questions about the global biomaterials market:
- What is the global biomaterials market size in terms of revenue from 2016-2021?
- Which is the dominant type by revenue in the biomaterials market?
- What is the revenue generated by the different biomaterials by type in the biomaterials market?
- What is the revenue generated by the different applications of the biomaterials market?
- What are the different factors driving the market in the forecast period?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of the global biomaterials market?
- What are the opportunities for the global biomaterials market?
- What are the key future trends for the global biomaterials market?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the revenue generated by the different geographic regions in the biomaterials market?
- Which region will lead the global biomaterials market by the end of the forecast period?
- Which are the existing key market players that have made a mark in the biomaterials market?
The report has put special emphasis on the market share of the type and applications of the biomaterials, globally. The industry analyses have also been undertaken in order to examine the impact of various factors and understand the overall attractiveness of the industry.
The most often used strategy for developing a better hold on to the market has been through agreements, collaborations, contracts, and partnerships, followed by new product launches. The company profile section includes highlights of significant information about the key companies involved, along with their financial summaries and key strategies & developmental activities of recent years.
Some of the key players in the biomaterials market are BASF, BBS, Berkley Advanced Biomaterial Inc., Bioretec Ltd., CAM Bioceramics, Carpenter Technology Corporation, Celanese Corp., Collagen Solutions, Corbion, Covestro, Royal DSM, Evonik Industries, Invibio, Straumann, and Zimmer Biomet. These companies provide a broad product portfolio for specific needs and industrial applications.
Metal based biomaterials dominated the global biomaterials market with a share of approximately 24% in 2016. The cardiovascular application dominated the biomaterials market on the basis of application with a market share of 34% in 2016. On the basis of geography, North America dominated the biomaterials market with a market share of 42%, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Additionally, APAC has the highest potential to grow in the forecast period due to the presence of emerging economies such as China and India.Please note:
* The single user license comes with a password which can be used only by the designated user to view the file. This format does not allow the user to copy or print the document, or to share the password with anyone other than the user.