Global Aquaponics & Hydroponics Systems & Equipment Market: Focus on Systems (Nutrient Film Technique, Deep Water Culture, Media Filed Grow Beds, Ebb & Flow), Equipment (Grow Light, HVAC, Irrigation Systems) and Produce-Analysis & Forecast 2017–2022
In 2010, the United Nations Food and Agriculture (FAO) estimated that by 2050 as a consequence, of the increasing living standards and burgeoning population the world’s food requirement will get doubled from its current time. Increasing food prices from the year 2008 to 2010 have depicted that the food supply failed to meet the desired demand from the consumer's end. The rising concerns about food security because of rising population and urbanization have propelled the growers to grow fruits and vegetables with the assistance of hydroponics and aquaponic systems. Therefore, various countries across the globe are investing into the development of vertical hydroponic and aquaponic farms which are expected to be a cost-effective solution as compared to traditional farming.
Aquaponic and hydroponic systems enhance the productivity of the end produce with minimum inputs as compared to the traditional farming practices which are driving the market. The productivity from using the aquaponic systems is cost-effectively requiring only 10% of the land and 5% of the water for the vegetable production and fish farming. Aquaponics techniques help in decreasing the time for crop production. This helps growers to market the fresh produce during off seasons.
The report is a compilation of the different segments of the global aquaponic and hydroponic systems and equipment market, including a market breakdown by systems, equipment, and produce areas. While highlighting the key driving, and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the market.
The report answers the following questions about the global aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market:
- What was the size, in terms of value ($million) of the aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market in 2017, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2022?
- What was the revenue generation of the aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market for different types of equipment in 2017, and what is their growth prospect?
- What is the market size of different systems, in terms of value and their respective growth prospects and key developments?
- What is the aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market size for different regions, on the basis of equipment and systems?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market, pertaining to the countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market?
- What kind of new strategies is being adopted by the existing market players to expand their footprint in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market by market share analysis?
- Who are the key market players in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including company snapshots, their financials, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)?
The report puts special emphasis on the market share of the leading companies in the aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market, owing to the changing paradigms in the industry. The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of Porter’s Five major Forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The report also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market by the key players.
The commonly used strategy adopted by the key players to enhance their geographical presence is product launch & development, followed by partnerships & collaborations. Moreover, the company profiles section highlights significant information about the key companies involved, along with their financial positions, key strategies & developmental activities for the past few years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW). Each geography details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. The prominent players operating in the global aquaponics and hydroponics systems and equipment market are Aquaponics LLC, Nelson and Pade Inc., Backyard Aquaponics, My Aquaponics, AMCO produce, American Hydroponics, General Hydroponics, GreenTech Agro LLC, and BetterGrow Hydro among others.