Global 3D Printing Plastic and Photopolymer Material Market - Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2023 (Focus on Material (PLA, ABS, PC, Nylon, Photopolymer); Form (Filament, Liquid, Powder); Technology (FDM, SLA, Polyjet, SLS,DLP); Application and Region)
The global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 21.5% over the period of 2017 to 2023. This growth in the market is attributed to the increasing demand from various end use application verticals such as healthcare industry, consumer industry, automotive industry, fashion & aesthetics industry, aerospace & defense industry, education industry, and architecture industry among others.
Plastic and photopolymer 3D printing materials are the most commonly used 3D printing materials in the market today. These materials are cheap as compared to metals and significantly reliable, which is the reason behind their growing popularity.
Plastics, whether in filament or powder form are one of the main material types used in 3D printing. ABS and PLA are the most commonly used plastics in the 3D printing market. The demand has grown tremendously due to growing awareness of the ability to manufacture objects using varied plastic materials. This is expected to continue in the forecast period. As 3D printing matures, developers continue to explore plastic chemistries and capabilities to offer materials that rival more traditional versions.
Photopolymers continue to be one of the larger groups of materials purchased for use in 3D printing. These are actually thermoset plastics that can be cured or hardened with exposure to some type of light source. Photopolymers developers are expected to take advantage of this characteristic and alter the mix of oligomers and monomers to develop specific physical properties such as stiffness or viscosity. Photopolymers are one of the materials used in 3D printing with potential to make products with better properties. These are however, expensive than plastics. Due to increasing variety of photopolymers, photopolymer based technologies like SLA, PolyJet and DLP, and increasing acceptability across the various industries, the applications of 3D printing with photopolymers are increasing drastically.
The report is a compilation of different segments of global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market including market breakdown by material type, form, technology, application and geographical location. It also includes sections on competitive insights and market dynamics. Herein, the revenue generated from 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials is tracked to calculate the market size.
While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a comprehensive section of the application areas of the 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market. It also details the key participants involved in the industry.
The report answers the following questions about the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market:
- What is the global market size of 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market?
- What are the various forms of plastic and photopolymer materials used in 3D printing? What is their contribution in terms of value and volume to the overall 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market?
- What is the market size of 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials used in various technologies?
- What are the different application areas of 3D printing plastic and photopolymer 3D printing materials? What is their contribution in terms of value and volume to the overall 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market? Which application will lead the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market by the end of forecast period?
- What are the different factors driving and challenging the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market in the forecast period?
- What are the different opportunities to look for investment in the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market?
- Who are the leading players in the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market? What are the key strategies they have followed to expand their market in 3D printing plastic and photopolymer material business?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by established and naive participants to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market by the end of forecast period? Also, which country in that specific region will have the largest and smallest market share by value and volume in the forecast period?
- Which region and country are the most opportune for growth and investment in the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer market?
- What is the future trend that will trail in this industry and which domains are right to focus on to make a smart move in investment?
The report has put special emphasis on the market share and size of healthcare and consumer industry, owing to their large scale share in the current and upcoming market of 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials. The industry analysis has also been done to examine the impact of various factors and understand the overall attractiveness of the industry.
The most often used strategies for developing a better hold on to the market have been product launches and developments, business expansions followed by partnerships, agreements & collaborations and mergers & acquisitions . The company profile section includes significant information about the key companies involved along with their financials, financial summaries and key strategies & developmental activities in the recent years. Some of the key players constituting the 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market include Stratasys, 3D Systems, Evonik, Formlabs, Envision TEC, DSM Somos, HP, Polymaker, Voxeljet, Arkema, BASF, Ricoh, and Protolabs. These companies provide a broad product portfolio for specific needs and industrial applications.
Photopolymers acquired the largest share of 65%, by revenue, in the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market in 2016. PLA dominated the 3D printing plastic materials market in 2016, accounting for a market share of 11.8%, by revenue. Similarly, healthcare industry held the highest market share by application vertical, accounting for a market share of 25.9%, by value, in 2016. North America generated the maximum amount of revenue in the year 2016 in the global 3D printing plastic and photopolymer materials market, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. APAC currently has the highest potential to grow and dominate in the forecast period. If the industry has the prospects of growing at a similar rapid pace, it will cross $1,865.4 million in revenue by the end of forecast period.