Synthetic Biology: Global Markets
The scope of this study includes core synthetic biology products (synthetic genes, BioBrick parts, delivery plasmids, chassis organisms, synthetic cells, cell-free systems and production systems), enabling technologies (DNA sequencing, DNA synthesis and assembly, gene editing, bioinformatics and specialty media) and enabled technologies (healthcare, industrial chemicals, consumer products, food and beverages, and agriculture) that are already commercialized or are forecast to be commercialized within the next five years.
We analyze key synthetic biology technologies and products to determine present and future market status and forecasted growth from 2017 through 2022. We also discuss strategic alliances, industry structures, competitive dynamics, patents, and market-driving forces.
BCC Research examines the synthetic biology industry by market segment, including the following segments: DNA sequencing, DNA synthesis, gene editing, synthetic biology foundries, software, and the following enabled products sectors: agriculture, consumer products, cosmetics/skin care, food and beverages, healthcare, and industrial chemicals.
The role of key strategic alliances and acquisitions from 2016 through 2017 is discussed. Emerging markets including synthetic genes, synthetic biology-enabled drugs and vaccines, genome-edited crops, and chassis organisms, as well as metabolically engineered factories for producing synthetic fuels and specialty chemicals are analyzed, and more than 185 companies in these fields are highlighted.
- An overview of the global markets for synthetic biology
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Coverage of core synthetic biology products: synthetic genes, other DNA parts, chassis organisms, synthetic cells
- Coverage of enabling technologies: DNA sequencing, oligonucleotides, specialty media, bioinformatics
- Coverage of enabled technologies: biofuels, specialty chemicals, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, agriculture
- Analysis of the synthetic biology industry structure, competitors, and intellectual property landscape
- Assessments of the products and technologies most commercially viable now and in the near future
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Illumina, Inc, New England Biolabs, Precision Biosciences, Royal Dsm Nv, Sgi-Dna Inc., Synthetic and Genomics, Inc
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook