Residential Roofing Materials: The North American Market
Roofing materials are outer roof coverings that are used as a protective layer or support to shield structures from various natural elements. Depending upon the nature, supporting structure and application used, there is variation in roofing material types. The types of roofing materials available in the market are asphalt shingle, wood shingle, metal roofing, concrete and clay, slate, membranes, etc.
Shingle is a term used to define overlapping roofing materials that are basically available in flat and rectangular shapes. These roofing materials are used for applications such as moisture resistance, algae and microbial resistance, fire resistance, storm protection, weather changes, etc.
North America is a region with extreme winter, snowfall and storms. Due to changing environmental conditions such as hailstones, tornadoes and twisters in the North American region, an increased demand for roofing materials has been observed. Climatic change is one of the major driving factors leading to the introduction of new and improved product types in the market. The manufacturers of roofing materials are also focusing on manufacturing eco-friendly roofing technologies due to various regulations for environment protection in the region. Remodeling and renovation of infrastructure in the U.S. and Canada are projected to boost the sales of roofing materials in the North American region. There has been increasing growth in real estate investments across the region in the recent past, which is further driving the market.
This report will cover the market for residential roofing materials (in terms of material type) in the North American region. It will also focus on the major trends and challenges that affect the market and supplier landscape. The research will estimate the North American market for residential roofing materials in 2017 and 2018 and project the expected consumption of the same by 2023.
The scope of this report could be described as an overview of the North American market for residential roofing materials and analyses of regional market trends, with data from 2016, considering the base year of 2017. It also estimates for 2018 through 2023 with projected CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) for this forecast duration.
The report includes discussion of technological, regulatory, security and economic trends that are affecting the market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the North American residential roofing materials market and current trends within the industry as a whole.
The report includes discussion of the residential roofing materials market (by material type e.g. asphalt shingle, wood shingle, metal shingle, roofing tile, slate and others) used for applications in new construction and reconstruction segments.
The report concludes with a special focus on the detailed profiles of major vendors in the North American residential roofing materials market.
- 20 data tables and 14 additional tables
- A comprehensive overview and in-depth analysis of residential roofing materials market in the North American region
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of technological, regulatory, security, and economic trends that are affecting the market
- Information on cutting edge breakthroughs by means of a detailed patent analysis
- Assess residential roofing materials market by its materials type, including asphalt shingle, wood shingle, metal shingle, roofing tile, slate and others used for applications in new construction and reconstruction segments
- Detailed profiles of the major vendors in the North America residential roofing materials market, Entegra Roof Tile, Hanson Roof Tile, Ludowici Roof Tile, Malarkey Roofing, Owens Corning, Sika Ag, Standard Industries Inc.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook