Industrial Boilers: Technologies and Developing Markets
This study reviews industrial boiler technology categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, applications and market factors and potential, and gives an overview of relevant incentives and regulations in major worldwide markets. This study will be of interest to current and potential manufacturers and suppliers of industrial boilers, entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial companies interested in entering or expanding into the industrial boiler technology sector. It will also be of interest to corporate planners and strategists, boiler research and development strategists, engineering, procurement, and contracting (EPC) firms involved in the development and installation of large industrial boilers, boiler industry groups, and other public- and private-sector interest groups and market analysts.
Industrial boiler categories considered in this study -
- Waterwall (steam).
- Watertube (steam).
- Firetube (steam).
- Fluidized bed (steam).
- Hot water boilers (all technologies).
The data presented are agnostic of fuel, and include traditional fossil fuels (natural gas, coal, liquid fuels, petroleum coke, etc.) as well as alternative fuels such as biomass and biogas. The market analysis provided in this report is based on a variety of data sources. These include the most recent government, industry, and corporate data on industrial boiler sales, production, imports, and exports; manufacturing and industrial productivity data used to help gauge historic and anticipated future market growth; data generated by recent and ongoing research and development efforts aimed at identifying new and developing niches for certain classes of industrial boilers, and potential for associated growth; and available corporate project announcements for major industrial boiler installations.
Boiler technology advances can be characterized by incremental change, rather than industry-shaping leaps. Nonetheless, emerging industrial boiler technologies that may become commercially viable within the next five years are summarized, but are not included in the market assessment of this report. BCC Research analyzes each major viable industrial boiler technology as shown above, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are assessed and discussed, as are the current and likely regulatory environments in support of this industry. Sales of both new and replacement/retrofit boilers are considered.
BCC Research analyzes the industrial boilers industry on a worldwide basis in terms of its manufacturing and the deployment of its technologies or products. BCC Research also examines government roles in regulating boiler emissions worldwide, and identifies key laws and regulations that are expected to drive development of replacement and retrofit markets through 2023. BCC Research also discusses recent trends and projections in terms of unit sales (as well as market sales values).
- 69 data table and 62 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for industrial boilers
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Coverage of industrial boiler technology by various categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions, issues involved, applications, and growth driving factors and potentials
- Assessment of governmental regulations regarding boiler emissions and standards, and identification of key laws that are expected to drive development of replacement and retrofit markets
- Examination of the moderate level of fragmentation among smaller and specialty boiler makers
- Analyses of manufacturing industries these boilers widely support, including food and food products, chemicals, paper and paper products, petroleum refining and petroleum products, and metals
- Profiles of leading companies in the market, including AC Boilers, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Bosch Group, GE Energy, Kawasaki Thermal Engineering, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Shanghai Boiler Works and Siemens Energy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook