After categorizing the main fermentation products, the report describes each individual product, reviews industry developments, makes estimates of current volumes produced and consumed, and finally considers price trends and industry structure.
Building on carbohydrate conversion rates and production sites, the demand for carbohydrates is estimated for specific regions and contrasted with availability. Those regions and products that may experience tighter production due to restrained raw materials are identified.
This report does not cover every industrial product that is fermented. Most of the products covered in this report have been on the market for years, but the examples of astaxanthin and beta-carotene demonstrate how difficult it is to introduce such products with sustainability. Few recently introduced industrial fermentation products have become mainstream practices, and many new products ultimately disappear.
The report concludes with a review of the most important companies active in the fermentation processes.
- 119 data tables and 7 oadditional tables
- Descriptions of the latest developments in major fermentation products
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Insight into the interrelationship between ethanol and other carbohydrate-using industries
- A look at changes in the industry's structure, contrasting actual production with installed capacities
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry including Adisseo (Bluestar Group), Charoen Pokphand Foods PLC., J.D. Heiskell & Co., Novus International.Weston Milling Animal Nutrition