In recent years, the drug discovery market has seen remarkable discoveries and rapid progress. This report focuses on the global market of drug discovery tools and provides an updated review to include basic design and its applications in various disease areas. The drug discovery tools include high-throughput screening, bioanalytical tools, proteomics, genomics, bioinformatics and few others, like metabolomics, combinatorial chemistry, nanotechnology and system biology. These tools are further classified into subcategories for the purpose of this report. The five main application areas described in this report concern different cancer types, cardiovascular diseases, immunological diseases, neurological diseases and others which includes metabolic, endocrinology and genetic diseases.
The report also covers market by end user for drug discovery tools: biopharmaceutical companies, research, academia and Others, including contract research organizations.
This BCC Research report is global in scope and includes analysis of the various regulatory environments, new products and advancements, market projections and market share. Also included in the report are relevant patent analysis and comprehensive profiles of companies that lead the drug discovery tools market. The geographical regions covered are the U.S., Europe and the emerging markets of India, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, among others.
Key players in the drug discovery market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Agilent Technologies Inc., Shimadzu Corp., Bruker Corp., Illumina Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., and Merck KGaA (including EMD Millipore and Sigma Aldrich).
- 60 data tables and 23 additional tables.
- An overview of the global markets for drug discovery technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2015, 2016, and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- A look at the current state of the drug discovery market, existing platforms and products on the market, and detailed analysis of the competitive environment, including new and potential venues for novel technologies and approaches.
- Descriptions of various products, such as bioanalytical instruments, high-throughput screening devices, informatics, and microarrays.
- Analyses of the main positive and negative factors in each sector of the market, potential future trends, and emerging technologies across different segments of the industry.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market including Agilent Technologies Inc., Ametek Inc., Bayer Technology Services GMBH, Bruker Corp., Compugen Ltd. and GE Healthcare Lifesciences.