Ceramic Capacitors: Technologies and Opportunities
This report provides an updated review of ceramic capacitor technology, including materials and production processes, and identifies current and emerging applications for this technology.
BCC Research delineates the current market status for ceramic capacitors, defines trends and presents growth forecasts for the five-year forecast period from 2018 through 2023. The market is analyzed based on the following segments: capacitor type, material type, application, and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest developments, are discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted by BCC Research for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of ceramic capacitors are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for ceramic capacitors are also identified and grouped in segments (i.e., aerospace and space exploration, automotive, communication, computers and peripherals, consumer products, defense, industrial, medical, and entertainment).
The second section provides a technological review of ceramic capacitors. This section offers a revised and detailed description of traditional and emerging materials for ceramic capacitors as well as typical fabrication methods and recent process updates. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2016, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for, as well as highlights of the most active research organizations operating in this field.
The third section entails a global market analysis for ceramic capacitors. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (i.e., capacitor type, material type, application, and region), with actual data referring to the years 2016 and 2017 and estimates for 2018. Dollar figures refer to sales of ceramic capacitors at the manufacturing level.
The analysis of current revenues is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, technological trends and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for ceramic capacitors within each segment, together with forecast CAGRs for the period 2018 through 2023. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
The fourth section of the study, which covers the global industry structure, offers a list of the leading suppliers of ceramic capacitors, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these firms and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an analysis of recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to ceramic capacitor materials, fabrication methods, and applications. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, application, and material type.
- 52 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for ceramic capacitors, their technologies and opportunities
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Historical review of ceramic capacitors and a detailed description of current and emerging applications for these products
- Insights on materials and fabrication processes used for ceramic capacitor devices
- Evaluation of latest technological developments and illustration of current research activities related to these devices
- Detailed description of leading suppliers of ceramic capacitors and other key players
- Company profiles of major market players, including Darfon Electronics, Murata Manufacturing, Nippon Chemi-con., Samsung Electro-mechanic and Walsin Technology
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook