Pressure Washer Market - Global Outlook & Forecast 2022-2027
The global pressure washer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.05% during 2022-2027.
In the pressure washer market, the US is the leading country globally. The cleaning industry is constantly evolving with micro and macro environmental factors. It is also externally shaped based on the equipment and technology available in the market. With considerable business models and operation techniques upgrades, the market can witness further traction supported by stringent protocols and corporate policies. Improving living standards and growing cleaning requirements, especially in the emerging economies of APAC and Latin America, are primarily driving the cleaning equipment market. Regarding power sources, pressure washers can be categorized into electric, gas, battery-powered, or others. Pressure washers find a significant adoption in residential applications where vehicle cleaning, garden tool cleaning, and swimming pool maintenance are major revenue drivers.
Integrating AI technologies with cleaning equipment helps maximize productivity with minimum effort. The AI-powered robotic pressure washer understands the operating environment and takes action accordingly. AI technology enables the robotic pressure washer to make decisions and determine the best cleaning path. Manufacturers of modern pressure washers have partnered with AI development corporations to create pressure washers with AI features. These machines know when to shut off automatically to prevent wastage of water. The pressure washer is inbuilt with various sensors such as ultrasonic sensors that ensure that the vehicle is automatically detected, and the washing beam moves across all surfaces without making contact. The sensor function is not affected by water spray or mist from the high-pressure nozzles. The sensors detect with a high degree of reliability, regardless of temperature, surface finish, and color, operating in adverse weather conditions, strong sunlight, and mist. While the encapsulated sensors themselves are water-resistant, they are entirely maintenance-free.
MARKET DYNAMICS: KEY TRENDS, DRIVERS, AND RESTRAINTS
Growing Demand for Professional Cleaning Services
- The growth in professional contract cleaning services is expected to develop significant opportunities for the global pressure washer market. These commercial pressure washer services provide all types of domestic and commercial pressure washing facilities for tractors, sidewalks, bricks, concrete surfaces, farming equipment, buildings, cement structures, garages, parking lots, boats, tanks, and others.
A Surge in Residential & Commercial Applications
- Pressure washers are highly versatile tools and can be used for several cleaning applications. These machines being portable and easy to use, can be used for domestic and heavy-duty commercial and industrial cleaning. Some major pressure washer applications include vehicle washing, paint stripping, and cleaning building exteriors, floors, and ceilings. However, with the latest technological innovations, several nozzles with varying water pressure can be used to clean almost every surface, ranging from lawns to garden tools, and furniture to fences. Thus, the growing end-user applications have driven the demand for pressure washers over the past few years.
Availability of Substitute Cleaning Methods
- The rising adoption of alternative cleaning technologies such as foam-based cleaning, heat cleaning, sandblasting, vapor blasting, dry and wet ice blasting technique, or even traditional cleaning is a major challenge for the market's growth during the forecast period. Although pressure washers can be useful in cleaning dirt, paint, graffiti, oil, or grime from hard surfaces, they are not the ideal solution in most cases. Further, several cleaning companies offer cleaning of homes and walkways using traditional methods with industrial soap and regular hoses.
TYPE: The global mobile pressure washer market is gaining momentum due to the rising demand for effectiveness and efficiency among various residential, commercial, and industrial users, the improving car washing industry, increasing disposable income, and stringent norms regarding cleanliness and hygiene in various end-user industries.
Market Segmentation by Type
POWER SOURCE: Electric pressure washers are more popular than gas- and battery-powered pressure washers. Electric pressure washers are used for small cleaning decks, patios, furniture, and other light-duty cleaning purposes. They are mainly used for stain removal and domestic usage. These machines are generally lightweight, making them highly portable.
Market Segmentation by Power Source
OPERATION: The hot water pressure washer is generally used in industrial and commercial cleaning applications. Cold water pressure washers can usually clean dirt and grime from surfaces. However, hot water type are more effectively remove oil and grease from surfaces. The pressure washer breaks down the bond that exists on a molecular level in oil and grease and can also get rid of bacteria, algae, and other residues efficiently due to the heat that is distributed.
Market Segmentation by Operation
OUTPUT: This segment constitutes both electric and gas pressure washers. It includes heavy-duty residential cleaning equipment to help clean concrete, sidewalks, walls, and other hard surfaces. Most electric-corded pressure washers have an output pressure capacity of below 3,000 PSI. Washers with 3,000 PSI pressure can remove the toughest stains and dirt; they can also be used to scrape paints, mud, and oil within seconds.
Market Segmentation by Output
- 0-1,500 PSI
- 1,501-3000 PSI
- 3,001-4,000 PSI
- Above 4,000 PSI
APPLICATION: The demand for residential cleaning equipment is mainly growing due to the increasing number of households, an aging population, and a high number of dual-income households. Pressure washers in households can be used for various purposes, from cleaning pavements, walls, and roofs to furniture, cars, and swimming pools. Depending on the type of cleaning, various pressure washers are available for residential usage.
Market Segmentation by Application
- Swimming Pools & Large Patio Areas
- Commercial & Industrial
- Public and Municipality
- Contract Cleaners
DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL: The offline distribution channel dominates the sales of pressure washers and is estimated to grow significantly during the forecast period due to high customer preference to comprehend the functionalities and usage of products before making the final purchase. Moreover, since pressure washers involve high costs, the preference for offline channels remains high to minimize the risk of receiving damaged products.
Market Segmentation by Distributional Channels
In recent years, the increasing disposable income, the growth in construction activities, and the expansion of commercial and retail spaces have driven the demand for professional cleaning equipment across the globe. With the strong impact of the pandemic in 2020, the demand for pressure washers has surged in the contract cleaning industry. Further, the revival of commercial activities and expected recovery in economies in 2022 can enhance their adoption in residential and commercial facilities during the forecast period.
The implementation of stringent health and safety regulations by governments and private bodies worldwide fuels the demand for cleaning equipment such as pressure washers. The global pressure washer market is highly developed in Europe, North America, and APAC owing to the increasing penetration of pressure washers. On the other hand, Latin America and the Middle East are highly potential markets with enough opportunity for growth. Europe was the largest market for pressure washers in 2021, with a revenue share of 34.26%.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- Others European Countries
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
The global pressure washer market is highly competitive with the presence of many vendors. The rapid technological changes adversely impact market vendors as consumers increasingly expect continuous technology-enabled innovations and upgrades to existing products. The present scenario drives vendors to alter and refine their unique value proposition to achieve a stronger market presence.
The report includes a business overview, product offerings, key strategies, strengths, and opportunities of the major vendors. The report also includes 30 other prominent vendors in the market.
- Alfred Karcher
- FNA Group
- Briggs & Stratton
Other Prominent Vendors
- Annovi Reverberi Group
- Generac Power Systems
- Deere & Company
- Snow Joe + Sun Joe
- Stanley Black & Decker
- Techtronic Industries (TTI)
- Koki Holdings
- Greenworks Tools
- Mi-T-M Corporation
- Vortex Industries
- AVA of Norway
- WEN Products
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
- BE Power Equipment
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. How big is the pressure washer market?
2. What is the growth rate of the pressure washer market?
3. Who are the key players in the global pressure washer market?
4. What are the growth factors in the global pressure washer market?
5. Which region accounted for the largest share in the global pressure washer market?