Poland Construction Equipment Market – Strategic Assessment & Forecast 2022-2028
The Poland construction equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.20% during 2022-2028
Poland construction equipment market share by units is expected to reach 43,683 by 2028. Polish government investment in infrastructure development projects and European Union funding under the recovery & resilience program are some prominent factors that will drive the growth of Poland's construction equipment during the forecast period (2022-2028).
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MARKET
- The Earthmoving segment has the country’s largest construction equipment market share. The excavators held the largest share in the earthmoving segment in 2021. The surge in civil engineering & housing projects in 2021 is expected to support the demand for excavators.
- Growth in solar energy projects under the national plan of energy & climate is expected to positively impact the demand for mini excavators & cranes in the country market. Mini excavators have gained a good market share in Poland, challenging the dominance of backhoe loaders. Mini excavators are compact and operate in confined places in the urban part of cities across the country. The demand is expected to grow sharply due to various renovation projects of the residential and commercial buildings across the country.
- A surge in housing projects in the country, and housing building permits increased by 8% in 2021. In 2021, residential construction grew strongly by 10% in Poland. In the public sector, tremendous growth is witnessed in health & education buildings. The increase in housing projects is expected to drive the demand for cranes, excavators & aerial platforms in the market.
- Construction equipment rental companies account for Poland’s major market share as the country has one of the largest construction markets in Europe. The rental companies are expected to have a higher demand than the non–rental companies.
- In terms of end–users, the construction industry is expected to generate the highest demand. This is primarily due to the Poland Recovery & Resilience program, which is anticipated to dominate the Poland construction equipment market during the forecast period.
Segmentation by Type
- Earthmoving Equipment:
- Backhoe Loaders
- Motor Graders
- Other Earthmoving Equipment (Other loaders, Bulldozers, Trenchers)
- Road Construction Equipment
- Road Rollers
- Asphalt Pavers
- Material Handling Equipment
- Forklift & Telescopic Handlers
- Aerial Platforms (Articulated Boom Lifts, Telescopic Boom lifts, Scissor lifts)
- End Users
Investment in Transport Infrastructure & Renewable Energy Projects
In 2020, COVID-19 negatively impacted Poland’s economy; it contracted by 2.5% due to the lockdown situation in the country. The decline in economic activities adversely impacted the construction sector, which declined by 3.5% in 2020.
Despite the downfall, the economy witnessed significant growth in 2021; it grew by 4.8% 2021. A surge in investment in railways & road projects supported the economic recovery process in 2021. The Polish government invested $44.6 billion in roads & railways projects. In addition, the government invested $735 million in renewable energy projects in 2021. Strong recovery is expected in 2022, and upward growth is projected during the forecast period due to ongoing government projects in transport & renewable energy.
Some of the significant under-construction infrastructure projects include:
- Expressway Borki Wielkie to Elk
- Expressway Koszalin to Szczecinek
- Warsaw Data Center Campus 48MW
- Towarowa Residential Complex
- Gustoryn to Wronow Gas Pipeline
- Mokotow Residential Complex
- Zamosc Residential Community
Adoption of Automation Technology & Green Hydrogen Fuel Technology in Construction Equipment
Poland is experiencing severe labor shortages in construction, manufacturing, and mining industries because of the COVID-19 outbreak. Because of the workforce shortage, new construction equipment with advanced technologies is highly demanded to improve worker efficiency and reduce labor dependency. Hitachi, for instance, has introduced wheel loaders and excavators with automation, smart operating technology, and the ConSite Hitachi Comprehensive Machine Management support system.
Companies are introducing green hydrogen fuel technology to replace conventional fuel-powered equipment. Demand for construction equipment equipped with green hydrogen fuel technology is expected to grow in the country as the Polish government aims to reduce fossil fuel dependency by 2030. Major OEMs in the country, such as Caterpillar, are developing construction equipment that has green hydrogen technology.
POLAND GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES
Growth in Infrastructure & Renewable Energy Projects In 2021
The Polish government increased infrastructure investment to improve economic activities to subdue the negative impact of COVID-19 on the economy. $44.6 billion investment was allocated for developing roads & railways across the country. In addition, the European Union granted $39 billion under Recovery & Resilience Plan (2021-2026). The funds were planned to direct the development of digital transformation & clean energy production.
The government invested $735 million in 2021 for various solar & wind energy projects across the country. The country witnessed an increase in the number of solar projects for achieving the target of 7.8GW of solar capacity by 2030 under the National Plan for Energy & Climate. Government initiatives such as auction schemes & incentives for rooftop installation of Solar cells are expected to drive the growth of the renewable energy industry in the country. By 2027, the government aims to increase offshore wind power generation capacity by 6 GW.
- Caterpillar, Volvo Construction Equipment, Liebherr, XCMG, JCB & Komatsu are the key market leaders accounting for 34.2% of the Poland construction equipment market share in 2021.
- Caterpillar has two manufacturing units in Poland’s Janow & Sosnowiec regions.
- LiuGong has regional headquarters in Warsaw, Poland, and a manufacturing facility in Stalowa Wola, Poland.
- Prominent vendors are Caterpillar, Volvo Construction Equipment, Liebherr, XCMG, JCB, Komatsu, Manitou, Hyundai Construction Equipment & CNH Industrial.
- Other prominent vendors are Hitachi Construction Equipment, LiuGong, Fayat, Tur Poland, & Huss Mach.
- Volvo Construction Equipment
- Hyundai Construction Equipment
- Wacker Neuson
- CNH Industrial
Other Prominent Vendors
- Hitachi Construction Equipment
- Tur Poland
- Huss Mach
- Warynski Trade Sp. o.o.
- M&M Polska
- Toolmex Truck
- EWPA Sp. Z o. o.
- Biuro Handlowe Ruda Sp. z o. o. Sp. k.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. WHAT IS THE GROWTH RATE OF POLAND CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT MARKET?
2. HOW BIG WILL BE THE POLAND CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE BY 2028?
3. WHO ARE THE KEY PLAYERS IN THE POLAND CONSTRUCTION MACHINERY MARKET?
4. HOW MANY UNITS OF CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT WILL BE SOLD IN 2028?
5. WHAT ARE THE LATEST TRENDS IMPACTING THE GROWTH OF THE POLAND CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT MARKET?