Mexico Data Center Colocation Market - Supply & Demand Analysis 2023-2028
The Mexico data center colocation is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.78 from 2022-2028.
Mexico is the second top destination for data center development in the Latin America region. The country also acts as a gateway between the U.S. and other Latin American countries. The Mexico Data Center Colocation Market is being driven by the consistent demand aided by digitalization initiatives, entry of all major cloud operators, deployment of 5G technology, increased usage of Big Data and IoT applications, and others. The country is also witnessing improvement in terms of submarine connectivity. For instance, the country has seven existing submarine cables and is witnessing new investment in three additional cables which are likely to be operational by 2026. The rising adoption of cloud-based services is attracting global cloud operators to open their dedicated cloud regions in Mexico. For instance, Google and Microsoft are currently involved in the development of new cloud regions which are likely to be operational by 2024.
Most of the colocation data centers are being developed according to Tier III standards. The country has a presence of both local and global operators such as KIO Networks, Ascenty (Digital Realty), TELMEX (Triara), México Telecom Partners (MTP), Equinix, ODATA (Aligned Data Centers), Nabiax (Actis), MetroCarrier, HostDime and others. The global operators are using M&A and JV strategies to enter the Mexico data center colocation market. For instance, Digital Realty operates in Mexico through JV with Brookfield Infrastructure under Ascenty. Recently, in May 2023, Aligned Data Centers announced the completion of the acquisition of ODATA.
- A transparent research methodology and insights on the colocation demand and supply aspect of the market.
- Market size available in terms of utilized white floor area, IT power capacity, and racks.
- Market size available in terms of Full Build Vs Installed Vs Utilized IT Power Capacity along with the occupancy %.
- An assessment and snapshot of the colocation investment in Mexico and a comparison between other countries in the Latin America region.
- The study of the existing Mexico data center market landscape, and insightful predictions about Mexico data center market size during the forecast period.
- An analysis of the current and future colocation demand in Mexico by several industries.
- The study on sustainability status in Mexico
- Analysis of current and future cloud operations in Mexico.
- The snapshot of upcoming submarine cables and existing cloud-on-ramps services in Mexico.
- Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party data center facilities in Mexico
I. Facilities Covered (Existing): 36
II. Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 15
III. Coverage: 15 Cities
IV. Existing vs. Upcoming (White Floor Area)
V. Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
- Data Center Colocation Market in Mexico
I. Colocation Market Revenue & Forecast (2022-2028)
II. Retail Colocation Revenue (2022-2028)
III. Wholesale Colocation Revenue (2022-2028)
IV. Retail Colocation Pricing along with Addons
V. Wholesale Colocation Pricing along with the pricing trends.
- An analysis of the latest trends, potential opportunities, growth restraints, and prospects for the colocation data center industry in Mexico.
- Competitive landscape including market share analysis by the colocation operators based on IT power capacity and revenue.
- The vendor landscape of each existing and upcoming colocation operator is based on the existing/ upcoming count of data centers, white floor area, IT power capacity, and data center location.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT)
- Construction Contractors
- Infrastructure Providers
- New Entrants
- Consultants/Consultancies/Advisory Firms
- Corporate & Government Agencies
Existing Colocation Operators
- Ascenty (Digital Realty)
- ODATA (Aligned Data Centers)
- KIO Networks
- México Telecom Partners (MTP)
- Nabiax (Actis)
- IPXON Networks
New Colocation Operators
- Layer 9 Data Centers
- Scala Data Centers
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
1. What is the count of existing and upcoming colocation data center facilities in Mexico?
2. How much MW of IT power capacity is likely to be utilized in Mexico by 2028?
3. What factors are driving the Mexico data center colocation market?