Canada Lawn Mower Market Analysis & Forecast 2022-2027
The Canada lawn mowers market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.10% during 2022-2027.
- The country's increasing demand for lawn mowers is ascribed to the rising technological advancements and innovation of battery-powered and robotic lawn mowers. The market demand for robotic lawn mowers to mow areas in 32,301 sq. ft. −107,400 sq. ft. (3,001 sq. m. − 10,000 sq. m.) is gradually increasing among professionals. Hence, manufacturers focus on improving their product efficiency, battery capabilities, and run time, significantly raising the market demand.
- Manufacturers also innovate cordless lawn mowers to address environmental issues. Some of the cordless mowers offered by GreenWorks Crossover Z 42 Deck have a 48V motor producing 24hp and speeds of up to 8mph, capable of handling 15-degree gradients with ease. The development of ion batteries has improved the efficiency of cordless lawn mowers so that they can easily be used for larger areas & enable hassle-free mowing without the discomfort of cables.
- The country is planning to ban gas-powered lawn mowers, which is expected to boost the demand for electric corded and cordless mowers in states such as Orionto & Toronto, where the government is taking various steps to minimize the carbon footprint.
- Some well-known mower manufacturers in the Canada lawn mowers market are Bad-Boy, Husqvarna, Deere & Co., Ariens, and Toro. Further, these vendors distribute their products via a vast network of dealers, distributors, mass retailers, and online channels. In addition, these vendors focus on establishing a close partnership with retailers and other producers of outdoor power devices. Also, increasing diversification among consumer purchases is anticipated to witness a surge in demand for lawn mowers during the forecast period.
IMPACT OF COVID-19
Especially while the pandemic was at its peak, Canadian people started indulging in gardening, lawn care, and backyard beautification. These household owners emphasize using eco-friendly products, thus boosting the market for cordless lawn mowers. In several regions of Canada, landscaping was deemed with only limited services contractors could offer their customers. The fear of getting infected also leads to people avoiding landscaping services. This factor has increased the consumption of lawnmowers in the residential sector.
a) Canada's zero-turn lawn mowers market was valued at USD 383.66 million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 561.51 Million by 2027.
b) In 2019, 7% of households used manual mowers to mow their lawns.
c) Landscaping and ground maintenance laborers are still in demand across Canada.
d) The city of Ottawa prefers electric lawn and yard equipment as the government plans to shut down gas-powered garden tools.
e) The City of Waterloo has announced the purchase of an emissions-free, automatic lawn mower as the country moves towards a greener future. The city municipality plans to purchase the Echo Turf Mower 2000, which can cut up to six acres in a charge.
f) The growth in the commercial sector, driven by the increased spending (more than 5.5%) on office buildings in the Alberta province in Western Canada, is expected to push the demand for the product in the market.
g) Initiatives geared toward increasing green spaces in the city, such as the Greenest City initiative of Vancouver, Canada, are expected to support the Canada lawn mowers market.
FUTURE MARKET GROWTH ANALYSIS
- In 2021, there were around 2300 courses in the country, with most of the courses concentrated in the top golfing courses, such as The National G.C. of Canada, one of the best golf courses worldwide. Hence, it is expected to generate the highest demand in the Canadian lawn mowers market.
- Several new construction activities have taken place concerning building gardens and parks. For instance, The Meadow project, a 16 km linear park that started in 2020, is expected to complete by 2025. Thus, such expansion of green spaces in the country is driving the Canada lawn mowers market.
- The Canadian government focuses on zero emissions and plans to ban gasoline-based lawn tools by April 2023. Hence, such initiatives are propelling the demand for cordless mowers in Canada.
INSIGHTS BY FUEL TYPE
The gasoline-based lawn mowers account for the largest share of 72.02% in the Canada lawn mowers market. In 2019, According to Statistics Canada, around 78% of households used gas lawnmowers. The vendors are also constantly offering enhanced versions of gasoline mowers. However, with the rising awareness of eco-friendly products, the demand for cordless mowers will gradually increase during the forecast period.
Segmentation by Fuel Type
- Gas-powered Lawn Mowers
- Electric-powered Lawn Mowers
- Manual-powered Lawn Mowers
- Propane-powered Lawn Mowers
INSIGHTS BY PRODUCT TYPE
Although ride-on mowers account for the highest share in the Canada Lawn mowers market, robotic lawn mowers are anticipated to witness the fastest growth owing to the increasing awareness of technology and the rising demand for sustainable products by the end-users. At the same time, walk-behind lawn mowers are growing at a CAGR of 7.53% (by value). They are the leading segment in unit shipment owing to their low price and better suitability for lawns and backyards in small areas with higher market penetration.
Segmentation by Product Type
- Walk-behind Lawn Mowers
- Self-propelled Mower
- Push Mower
- Hover Mower
- Reel/Cylinder Mower
- Ride-on Mower
- Standard Ride-on Mower
- Zero-turn Lawn Mower
- Lawn Tractors
- Garden Tractors
- Robotic Lawn Mower
INSIGHTS BY END-USER
During the forecast period, the residential sector dominates the market by accounting for the highest industry share of 62.03% in the Canada lawn mowers market. The demand for garden parties and cookouts is growing significantly, boosting the demand for backyard beautification and landscaping in the residential sector. Furthermore, Professional landscaping services are gaining momentum among various end-users to escape the high initial cost. End-users with low budgets prefer to hire professional landscaping services, which reduces the one-time initial fee and enables individuals to maintain their lawns.
Segmentation by End-users
- Residential Users
- Professional Landscaping Services
- Golf Courses
- Government & Others
Segmentation by Distribution Channels
Diversified global and regional vendors characterize the Canada lawn mowers market. The international players are expanding their footprint in the industry by offering their products in different countries via online websites and specialty stores. Therefore, regional vendors will likely find competing with these global players difficult. Stanley Black & Decker, Bosch, and Makita are some significant players in the Canada lawn mowers market. The competition among the key players is based solely on durability, lifespan, tool performance, and price.
Most consumers in Canada prefer to buy tools through an e-commerce website; certain manufacturers source their mowers using certain suppliers or manufacturers. Lowe's Canada is one of the popular websites for purchasing tools online. The wide acceptance and increasing demand for corded and cordless mowers across various end-users create intense competition among manufacturers. Hence, manufacturers emphasize the adoption of energy-efficient goods owing to the increasing trend of using less carbon energy sources.
Key Industry Participants:
- Ariens Company
- Honda Power Equipment
- Deere & Company
- Stanley Black & Decker
- Robert Bosch
- Kubota Corporation
- The Toro Company
Other Prominent Vendor:
- Bad Boys Mowers
- Briggs & Stratton
- Makita Corporation
- SCAG Power Equipment
- Generac Power Systems
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. How big is the Canada lawn mowers market?
2. What is the growth rate of the Canada lawn mowers market?
3. What will be the Canada lawn mowers market share in terms of volume in 2027?
4. Which product type in the Canada lawn mowers market is expected to dominate?
5. What are the factors driving the market growth?