The 5th edition of the 'Pipes and Fittings Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis' covers the domestic and light commercial applications for plumbing pipes and pipes for rainwater, soil and waste, together with associated fittings, but excluding pipes used in water utility, land drainage or other gas or telecommunications applications.
Key sections covered:
Key areas of insight include:
- Market overview - market size by value, recent performance, key trends, market influences, forecast growth to 2020.
- Product review - product mix, material mix, key trends and forecasts.
- Plumbing pipe systems - hot and cold water internal pipes and fittings, pipes and fittings for radiator heating systems and underfloor heating.
- Rainwater, soil and waste products - soil and waste pipes, traps and fittings (above ground), rainwater guttering, downpipes and fittings (above ground).
- Supply and distribution review - main suppliers, market shares, main distribution channels and key companies.
Key areas covered in the report include:MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- Key factors influencing the market include improving levels of construction in the commercial and housing sectors, and falling raw material prices, particularly copper and oil.
- A steady shift towards plastic pipes and fittings due to costs, ease of installation and a growing product range. Other factors driving plastic sector growth include technological developments and improved reliability.
- Push-fit and press-fit fittings are increasingly popular.
- PVC-U dominates the above ground rainwater guttering, soil and waste pipework sector. Demand continues for seamless aluminium guttering and cast iron ‘effect’ guttering.
- Growing interest in rainwater harvesting systems, following heavy rainfall in the last two years and greater awareness of environmental concerns and water usage.
- With unpredictable rainfall patterns and climate change, there is a growth in demand for high capacity gutter systems.
- Greater focus on sustainability throughout the production and distribution chain, particularly on recycling and the use of recycled materials.
PRODUCT APPLICATIONS, TYPES, MIX AND CHARACTERISTICS Plumbing pipe systems:
- Market size by value, rates of change, trends and forecasts.
- Key influences in the market and future prospects.
- Development and influence of the domestic heating market and underfloor heating sector.
- Development of the bathroom and shower market and influence on the pipes and fittings industry.
- Key building and construction trends and influences on the pipes and fittings market, including housebuilding levels and future prospects, domestic refurbishment levels and future prospects, the influence of the conservatory and garden rooms market, trends in the self build market, the commercial building and construction market and the influence of increasing government spending in that sector.
- The changing impact of new building methods, off-site construction etc.
Rainwater goods, soil & waste products:
- Hot and cold pressurised applications for heating and for hot and cold potable water, and underfloor heating.
- Product mix of plumbing pipe and fittings and mix of plumbing pipe systems by application.
- Material mix for pipes and fittings in this sector. The differences in material used between potable water and heating applications.
- The use of copper pipe and fittings in plumbing applications; key suppliers; advantages and disadvantages of copper; shift towards flame-free jointing etc.
- Use of plastic in plumbing applications; types of plastic pipe; key suppliers; influence of barrier pipe; growth of push-fit fittings etc.
- Main suppliers and market shares for plumbing pipe systems.
- Outlook for plumbing pipe systems – forecasts for 2016 and up to 2020.
Overall materials mix
- Product mix of rainwater and soil & waste products.
- Material mix for rainwater goods; use of different materials; advantages and disadvantages of plastic, cast iron etc; product developments; rainwater drainage and harvesting.
- Main suppliers and market shares for rainwater goods, soil and waste products.
- Outlook for rainwater goods, soil and waste products - forecasts for 2016 and up to 2020.
- Mix of pipes and fittings by application type and by material type.
- Main suppliers overall, including market positions, key characteristics and strengths.
- Market shares for plastic pipes and fittings.
- Market shares for metal pipes and fittings.
- Comment on other suppliers and importers.
- Main distribution channels. Key companies in each of the major channels.
- Channel shares across the pipe and fittings industry.
- Changing nature of distribution in terms of greater activity through the internet and other e-commerce solutions.
- Plumbing and heating contractors and influence on the specification process.
Aden Pro Form, Aliaxis Group, Alumasc Building Products, Aluminium Roofline Products (ARP), Amazon Civils, Anglian Home Improvements, Ash & Lacy Building Systems, Blucher, Brett Martin, Brugg Pipe Systems, Buteline, CA Building Products, Conex Universal, Coppa Gutta, Crane Fluid Systems, Dales Fabrications, Durapipe, Emmeti UK, Flamco, Flex-seal, FloPlast, Freefoam Plastics, Geberit, George Fischer (GF Piping Systems), GMD Pennine, Guttercrest, Guttermaster, Halcor SA, Hall and Botterill, Hargreaves Foundry, Hunter Plastics, John Guest, JWD Rainwater Systems, Lawton Tube Co, Lindab Building Products, LK Systems, Maincor, Marley Plumbing & Drainage, McAlpine and Co, Pegler Yorkshire Group, Pipelife UK, Plastivan UK, Polypipe Building Products, Purus UK, Rehau, Saint-Gobain PAM UK, Stormguard Rainwater Systems, Stormsaver, Swish Building Products (SBP), Talon Manufacturing, Tuscan Foundry, Uponor Ltd, Wavin UK, WE Bates, Wednesbury Tube, Wieland Werke, Yeoman Rainguard, Yorkshire Copper Tube.