Interior Refurbishment and Fit-Out Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis - This is the 6th edition of AMA Research's report on the UK interior refurbishment and fit-out market, which provides a detailed insight into this market, including a review of important trends and influences in the industry. In this edition, the report has been expanded to include more tables and charts, while also offering more detailed coverage of the key end use sectors and an extended review of the major contractors.
Key content covered:
Key areas of insight include:
- Review of the overall fit-out and interior refurbishment market – market size, trends 2010 –2015, including construction output and other influencing factors.
- Market forecasts for 2016 -2020.
- Reviews of key end use sectors - offices, retail, education, leisure and healthcare.
- Expanded contractors review – review of leading contractors; trends within the supply sector; profiles of leading companies.
- New section on procurement - within the office, retail, schools and higher education sectors.
Key areas of coverage in the report include:MARKET OVERVIEW
- Review of key trends in fit-out & interior refurbishment – recent developments and market prospects up to 2020.
- Shift from new build to refurbishment – in offices, education, healthcare, grocery sector etc.
- Review of key market sectors - development pipelines, current trends, RMI work, prospects and key drivers.
- Market structure – specialists, general contractors, regional players etc. – changes in 2012/13, framework agreements etc.
KEY END USE SECTOR REVIEW
- Market size by value at main contractors’ prices 2011 -2015. Forecasts for 2016 – 2020. Summary overview of key trends.
- Key market issues including; impact of reduced capital budgets among corporate and public sector organisations, shortages of Grade A office space, impact growth of online shopping & changes in consumer behaviour on store formats, emergence of discount/budget operators (in the retail, hotel and leisure sectors), shortages in trade skills, Building Information Modelling.
- End use market mix for 2015 and forecast for 2020; offices, education, retail, leisure, healthcare and other.
- Offices – focus on corporate sector; overview of UK office stock by area and regions, with a key focus on Central London; Review of fit-out & interior refurbishment activity including market sizes 2010, 2015 & 2020; general office construction activity; key market divers e.g. shortage of Grade A space, renewed speculative development; market prospects including London development pipeline
- Retail - review of fit-out & interior refurbishment activity including market sizes 2010, 2015 & 2020; general retail; general construction activity; key market drivers e.g. growth of online retail, convenience, discount grocery & variety stores; decline in superstore & hypermarket formats; trend among multiple operator to creating ‘leisure’ experiences.
- Education – overview of schools estate; review of fit-out & interior refurbishment activity including market sizes 2010, 2015 & 2020; general retail; general construction activity; key market drivers e.g. impact of development of academies & free schools and of reduced budgets; Priority School Building Programme; university campus re-development programmes; ageing building stock; shortage of university student accommodation.
- Hotels, foodservice & leisure – general overview of fit-out & interior refurbishment activity including market sizes 2010, 2015 & 2020; reviews of trends in key sub-sectors i.e. hotels, food & drinks service, fitness & leisure and other including betting & gaming; key market drivers e.g. refurbishment cycles and the needs to refresh or rebrand; growth in budget hotel multiples; expansion in discount fitness/gym chains.
- Healthcare - general overview of fit-out & interior refurbishment activity including market sizes 2010, 2015 & 2020; key market drivers e.g. reduced capital budgets; shift in construction activity from large hospitals to regional & local facilities.
MARKET STRUCTURE AND SUPPLY
- Review of general construction procurement approaches in key sectors; commercial offices, retail, schools and universities; identification of general trends and key exceptions.
- Overview of industry structure e.g. market polarisation; dynamic structure with low entry levels and high levels of company failures; specialist contractors; participation among large national general contracting groups;
- Company profiles split by turnover bands – includes the leading players in the interior refurbishment and fit-out markets.
8Build, Alan Nuttall Partnership, Barnwood, Beacons Business Interiors, Beck Interiors, Bridgford Interiors, Byrne Group, BW Interiors, Carter Interiors, Claremont Group Interiors, Collins Construction, Como Interiors, EE Smith Contracts, Fit Out UK, Fourfront Group, Gilbert-Ash, George Sharkey & Sons, Graham Interiors, Harvey Shopfitters, Havelock Europa, Hutton Group, ISG, ITC Concepts, Kier I & R, Key Property Solutions, Mac-Interiors, Maris Interiors, McLaren Interiors, Modus Workspace, Morgan Sindall, Morris & Spottiswood, Oktra, Overbury, Paragon Interiors, Parkeray, Peldon Rose Group, Portview Fit Out, Powell’s Group, Railston, Simpson, Structuretone UK, Styles & Wood, Thomas Johnstone, VINCI, Wates Smartspace, Willmott Dixon Interiors.