The 1st edition of the 'Furniture Fittings Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis' includes up to date information on recent trends and issues that impact on the supply of furniture fittings to domestic furniture manufacturers, cabinet makers, tradesmen and the general public. The report examines the various aspects driving change in the furniture fittings industry and assesses the likely future prospects for the sector through to 2020.
Key sections covered:
Key areas of insight include:
- Overall review of the fittings market - market size and structure, analysis of major trends, developments and key driving factors.
- Product mix and trends - hinges, interior fittings, handles and knobs, drawer systems and runners etc.
- Supply and distribution review - key fittings suppliers by sector, major furniture manufacturers, assessment of each of the key distribution channels.
- Opportunities for growth and change - performance of key sectors, key influences and trends etc.
- Future prospects - forecasts for market developments up to 2020.
Key areas covered in the report include: STRUCTURE OF THE FURNITURE FITTINGS MARKET
- Market performance of the fittings sector, compared with the performance of the domestic furniture market and the individual furniture sectors.
- Analysis of the key performers in each sector of the market.
- Assessment of the complex distribution structure in the furniture fittings market.
- Examination of innovation in storage solutions.
- The high level of imports, particularly from European branded suppliers, in the furniture fittings sector.
- Trends in the domestic furniture market in the UK - overall market definition, size and current situation 2010-2015, recent industry performance, key drivers and recent trends.
- Trends in the furniture fittings sector - product definitions, size and current situation 2010-2015, factors underpinning demand, product mix etc.
- Future prospects including market size and forecast trends for furniture fittings from 2016-2020.
- Impact of imports on the market.
- Key market influences - including levels of construction, housing market, economic trends, impact of global credit crisis, short-term prospects and so on.
- Future prospects – market size and forecast trends with prospects and forecasts up to 2020 for the wider domestic furniture industry and key sectors within the industry.
- Key factors driving growth and change in the industry – demand for more efficient storage solutions etc.
- Product mix trends – hinges, interior fittings, handles and knobs, drawer systems and runners etc.
- Value share of the market by product - % share of hinges, interior fittings, handles and knobs, drawer systems and runners etc.
- Major distribution channels – structure of the sector, share by type of outlet – distributors, builders merchants, hardware outlets, DIY multiples and so on.
- Key organisations in the sector – company profile, activities, product range etc.
- Key fittings suppliers by sector – major players – Hafele, Blum, Hettich and so on.
- Major furniture manufacturers and suppliers – structure of the sector, turnover size, market share, major product offering, market positioning.
- Changes in market structure – growth/decline of various furniture sectors and fortunes of leading players.
- Key growth areas – prospects for domestic furniture for 2016 and up to 2020.
- Prospects for the furniture fittings sector – factors specifically affecting the market, with forecasts for 2016 and up to 2020.
- Review of key economic factors impacting on the market.
The UK furniture fittings market experienced steady growth in the years to 2007, before declining in the 2008-2011 period, as the financial crisis affected the domestic furniture market. Further solid growth has taken place since then, and the market is estimated to have grown by 5% at manufacturers’ selling prices (MSP) in 2015. The sector has benefited from growth trends in recent years in the domestic furniture market, particularly the kitchen furniture sector. Overall average growth on an annual basis has been around 3-4% since 2011, which is higher growth compared to the furniture market as a whole, but broadly in line with the development of the kitchen furniture sector.
Hafele UK, Blum UK, Unico Components, Titus International, Salice UK, A. C Sissling, GRASS Movement Systems, Crofts & Assinder, Carlisle Brass, Hawa AG, Kessebohmer GmbH, Agostino Ferrari Spa, Essentra plc, Decatur Industries Inc, A. Kenrick & Sons, Flexello Ltd, Rothley Ltd, P.C. Henderson, Allmand-Smith, Spaceslide, Gliderobes, Stanley Sliding Doors, Sliderobes.
- Sources of Information
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- Table GDP Data – 2012-2015 – Key Constituent Elements
- Inflation & Interest Rates
- Household Consumption
- Housing & Construction
- Table Exchange Rate Fluctuations 2011-2017 - Sterling To The Dollar, And The Euro, Spot Rates
- Population Profile
- THE UK FURNITURE MARKET
- Overall Furniture Market Size and Trends
- Table The UK Market For Overall Domestic Furniture 2010-2015 (£m MSP)
- Consumer Characteristics
- Future Prospects
- Table The UK Market For Domestic Furniture 2016-2020 (£m MSP)
- Table The UK Market For Kitchen Furniture 2015-2020 (£m MSP)
- THE UK FURNITURE FITTINGS MARKET
- Market Definition
- Overall Market Size
- Table The UK Market For Furniture Fittings 2010-2020 (£m MSP)
- Sector Analysis
- Table The UK Market for Furniture Fittings by Furniture Sector 2015 (£m MSP and % Share)
- Housing Trends and Demographics
- Table House Building Completions 2010-2016 – Great Britain (000's Dwellings)
- House Moving
- Table Number of Property Transactions in the UK 2009-2014 (000's)
- Household Size
- Table Average Household Size For Great Britain 1991-2016
- FURNITURE FITTINGS
- Introduction and Definition
- Product Mix
- Drawer systems and Drawer Runners
- Handles and Door Knobs
- Interior Fittings
- Product Share Analysis
- Table Furniture Fittings Market – Product Mix by Value 2015 (£m MSP and % Share)
- Design Trends
- Key Suppliers of Furniture Fittings
- UK Kitchen Furniture Suppliers
- Key Suppliers and Market Share
- Table Market Share of Major UK Kitchen Furniture Suppliers 2015 – by Value
- Company Profiles
- UK Bedroom Furniture Suppliers
- Key Suppliers and Market Share
- Table Market Share of Major Bedroom Furniture Suppliers 2015 - By Value at MSP
- Company Profiles
- Other Furniture Suppliers
- Table The Market for Furniture Fittings by Distribution Channel – 2015 Share by Value (%)
- Builders Merchants
- DIY Multiples
- Hardware Outlets
- Furniture Multiples