The 11th edition of the 'Door and Window Fittings Market Report – UK 2015-2019 Analysis' contains original primary research and represents an informed and up-to-date review of this fragmented market, which has experienced some recovery after a difficult period in recent years. The report is written by professionals with direct experience of the glazing industry and analyses the major developments, with comment on future developments.
Key sections covered:
Key areas of insight include:
- Market overview - market size, key trends and influencing factors, supply and distribution structure, future trends and forecasts until 2019.
- Detailed product sector review - sector size, forecasts, leading suppliers and market shares, major distribution channels and channel mix for the following:
- Locks - mortice, espagnolettes, multi-point, rim latches, window locks and latches.
- Handles - windows and doors.
- Hinges/Stays - butt, friction hinges, casement stays.
- General - door closers, ventilators, tilt 'n' turn, patio gearing, sliding gear, balances, exit hardware, signs, letterplates, bolts, padlocks and chains etc.
Key areas covered in the report include: WINDOW & DOOR MARKET
- Analysis of the domestic, commercial and public end use sectors.
- Insight into the new housing and replacement markets for windows, doors and patio doors.
- Frame material mix for windows, doors and patio doors - PVC-u, timber, composites and aluminium.
- Key influences such as legislation and standards, flat/apartment building, industry rationalisation, supplier and distributor acquisition activity etc.
DOOR & WINDOW FITTINGS MARKET
- Window market - volumes, recent trends, split between new housing/ home improvement/ non-housing, frame materials and window styles. Key influencing factors, future prospects.
- Hinged Doors - Market size 2009-19, recent trends - New Housing/Home Improvement share mix, Public/private sector mix. Frame materials – changes in share mix, growth of composites. Future Prospects.
- Patio Doors – Market volumes 2009-19. New Housing/Home Improvement mix. Frame materials share mix, volume trends in new build and home improvement sector 2010-15, future prospects.
- Total market size 2010-2019, key trends, market conditions in 2013-15 with forecasts through to 2019, sales mix of major product groups 2014 and future prospects.
- Key influencing factors - review of housing and construction market - newbuild by volume/values, forecasts up to 2019, trends between housing and apartment building, legislation & standards, etc
- Analysis of supply and distribution structure for fittings – influence of leading groups, industry rationalisation, acquisition activity, strength/weaknesses of major distribution channels, recent developments, future trends..
- Major suppliers in the market - market shares in 2014, areas of strength and company details.
- Review of major distribution channels –Merchant/DIY/Independents/Architectural Ironmongers/Door & Window Fabricators, Systems, Distributors/Locksmiths – shares and major players within each.
- Market size by value 2010-2019, trends, market drivers, effects of current climate – prospects to 2019.
- Product mix - share estimates for rim, mortice, multi-point etc – door locks, window locks, product developments and trends, growth in electronic security systems.
- Suppliers - Major suppliers by sector 2014 - retail, commercial, direct sell replacement market. Role of distributors/ suppliers, supply structure and market share estimates.
- Distribution - Channel mix 2014, strengths and weaknesses, trends and changes in distribution.
- Market Size 2010-2019 - domestic and non-domestic sectors, door/window mix, new build & replacement market, recent trends and future prospects to 2019.
- Key influences, frame materials, window designs, review of new build/replacement markets, purchasing criteria, legislation & standards, product development etc.
- Suppliers – key suppliers by sector, supply and distribution structure, trends, own brand growth.
- Distribution – Channel mix shares 2014, recent trends, range of suppliers/distributors, growth in imports.
- Market Size 2010-2019 – product mix; butt hinges, friction hinges, etc. Changing market trends, future prospects to 2017.
- Friction hinge and butt hinges markets - shares, mix by frame material, new build/replacement markets.
- Suppliers - leading suppliers, different supply structure/customer base, growth of imports, friction hinge market shares.
- Distribution – channel mix shares 2014, review of key channels, role of distributors, future trends.
- Market size by value 2014 – door closers, ventilators, tilt’n’turn, signs/number plates, letterplates, bolts/padlocks/chains etc.
- Market trends - areas of growth/decline, changes in building regulations, future prospects.
- Each sector reviewed separately, importance of domestic/commercial applications, product trends, key influences, major suppliers and distribution channels for each sector. Future prospects.
The door & window fittings market is closely linked to the door and window fabrication and installation market and the glazing industry in general - a mature market which has suffered during the years after the financial crisis. Throughout 2014 and 2015, the market continued its steady recovery, as consumer confidence and the economy improved. In 2015, the market is thought to have experienced moderate growth of around 2%, similar to growth rates in 2013 and 2014.
Able Locksmiths, Allegion, Allgood, Arran Isle, Arrow Architectural, ASSA Abloy, Avocet Hardware, B&Q, Basta Group, Brassart, Carl F Groupco, Cotswold Architectural Products, Decco, DGS (Double Glazing Supplies) Group, Dorma UK, E Aldridge, ERA Home Security, Geze UK, Gilgen Door Systems, Grafton, Gretsch-Unitas, Häfele, Homebase, Hoppe (UK), Ironmongery Direct, Keytek, Laidlaw, Listers, Lloyd Worral, MACO UK, Mica Hardware, Roto Frank, Saint Gobain, Securistyle, Stax, Timpson Locksmiths, Titon Hardware, Travis Perkins, Trojan Hardware, VBH (GB), Wickes, Winkhaus, Winlock, Wolseley.