The 'Domestic Kitchen and Bathroom Worktops Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis' is now in its 4th edition. This report, which covers kitchen and bathroom worktops, upstands and splashbacks, analyses the overall market within the context of the wider economic environment and provides a review of product sectors, suppliers and distribution. Current trends within the UK domestic kitchen and bathroom furniture markets are also reviewed and likely future developments identified, along with an analysis of key issues affecting the kitchen and bathroom worktops industry.
Key content covered:
Recent trends include:
- Market overview - market size, key influences, review of overall UK kitchen furniture and bathroom furniture markets, forecasts to 2020.
- Product mix and trends - key design and material trends, share mix by material for bathroom worktops and kitchen worktops - laminates, solid surface and composites, natural and engineered stone, wood and other.
- Supplier review - supply structure, profiles of leading suppliers by material group i.e. laminates, solid surface/composites, natural and engineered stone, and wood.
- Distribution review - distribution structure, key channels with channel shares, routes to market for bathroom and kitchen worktops, profiles of leading companies within each channel.
Key areas covered in the report include:
- Forecasts for 2016 through to 2020.
- Will the trend towards professional installation be sustained with consumers looking to forsake DIY projects and pay for expert help?
- Are movements in raw material prices likely to accelerate future value growth in the market?
- Mix of different types of worktops -how has the mix changed and how is it developing?
- Will solid surface, composites, stone and engineered stone resume the growth, stalled by the onset of the recession?
THE KITCHEN AND BATHROOM WORKTOPS
PRODUCTS, MATERIALS & TRENDS
- Total Kitchen and Bathroom Worktops markets, overall market sizes.
- Market development, analysis of market size by value 2011-2015.
- Forecasts of market sizes through to 2020.
- Factors influencing market development – growing influence of design/style changes, demographics, house building market recovery, economic situation, consumer confidence, population mix changes, etc.
- Overall kitchen furniture, worktops and sinks market and overall bathroom furniture and worktops market for perspective.
- Trends in design/materials in worktops – key materials covered include laminates, solid surface, natural stone, solid wood, others, such as glass, stainless steel etc.
- Share mix by material for kitchen worktops.
- Share mix by material for bathroom worktops.
- Key trends – colour / pattern trends in worktops, growth of non-laminate materials such as solid surfaces, wood, stone, stainless steel, advantages/disadvantages, new product developments.
- Main features and benefits of the different worktop types.
KEY MARKET INFLUENCES & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- Analysis of supply chain structure.
- Profiles of leading worktop suppliers - market position, analysis of activities, financial information and so on.
- Distribution channel shares - analysis of shares by value, trends/developments in shares, growth/declining sectors.
- Route to market assessment for kitchen worktops and for bathroom worktops.
- Key sectors assessed include - Furniture Multiples, DIY Multiples, Builders and Plumbers Merchants, Direct Contract, Retail Specialists, Department Stores, Worktop specialists, Direct sales, Internet retailers.
- Future prospects – forecasts through to 2020, key factors influencing future market developments, performance of the economy, housing market, consumer confidence, market factors, and future growth prospects.
- Housing market - analysis of developments in new house building and house moving activity, influence of house prices and consumer confidence.
- Population profile - analysis of changing profile and implications for kitchen furniture sales. Personal Disposable Income and Savings - developments in ratios and impact on consumer durable purchasing.
- Economic influence – unstable global political and economic environment and the effect on consumer confidence and market growth.
Anglian, B & Q, BathEmpire, Bathstore.com, Better Bathrooms, Buildbase, Bushboard, Canburg, Cosentino, Dean House, DuPont, Egger (UK), Everest, Formica, Home Retail Group, Howden Joinery, IKEA Group, In-toto, J.T. Ellis and Company, Jewson, John Lewis Partnership, Karonia, Kronospan, Levantina, LG Hausys Europe GmbH, Magnet, Mereway Bathrooms, National Kitchens UK, Pfleiderer Industrie, Resopal GmbH, Shades Furniture, Sheridan Fabrications, Sylmar Solid Surfaces, Tesco, The Symphony Group, Travis Perkins, Utopia Furniture, Victoria Plumb, Westag & Getalit AG, Wickes, Wilsonart UK, Wren Kitchens.