The 1st Edition of the ‘Active Fire Protection Market Report– UK 2016-2020 Analysis’ contains analysis of the key active fire protection products (detection and suppression), recent market trends and future trends, along with supplier and distribution analysis. The report contains original input and a detailed assessment of the market and represents excellent value for money to companies in this industry or considering entry.
Key content covered:
Key areas of insight include:
- Market overview - overall active fire protection market size and forecasts 2011-2020, key market influences, fire safety and regulations etc.
- Product review - Fire Alarms, Extinguishers, Smoke Alarms, Sprinklers etc.
- Key product trends, product mix and end-use applications.
- Main suppliers of active fire protection equipment and distribution channels to the market.
Key areas of coverage in the report include:
- The sector is relatively mature, and in the absence of any significant changes to Building Regulations and Standards in recent years, has been primarily driven by the wider performance of the UK building and construction market.
- Lower levels of major construction projects and RMI programmes in the public sector have impacted on the installation of new and replacement active fire protection systems.
- Growth of new construction and RMI levels in the commercial sector have boosted the market for active fire protection products and systems over the last two years.
- Increasingly, businesses are recognising the benefits of integration of fire and security systems, which is likely to remain a key feature of the industry.
- There is also increased emphasis on providing a full product and service package, including equipment, servicing and maintenance.
FIRE DETECTION / ALARM SYSTEMS
- Historical background – influencing factors, legislation, economic influences etc.
- Market size by value – overview of active fire protection market, development from 2011-2016, with forecasts up to 2020.
- Review of key factors influencing recent growth rates, future prospects, potential in domestic/non-domestic applications etc. Performance of housebuilding, commercial construction etc in 2011-2020 period in particular.
- Overall product mix of active fire protection products including fire detection and suppression equipment for 2015.
- Future Prospects – short term and longer term prospects up to 2020.
- Market size by value 2011-2020 - product analysis (alarms, smoke detectors), market trends, growth prospects to 2020.
- Factors influencing market growth - non-domestic construction, regulations, reliance on the replacement sector, market maturity, levels of imports.
- Household ownership levels - there has been a steady increase in the ownership of mains operated alarms in domestic dwellings in recent years. Home ownership levels of fire alarms remains low.
- Key product trends and developments.
DISTRIBUTION AND SUPPLY
- Market size by value 2011-2020 - product analysis (sprinkler systems, extinguishers), market trends, growth prospects to 2020, levels of imports.
- Factors influencing market growth – construction and RMI expenditure, regulations increasing demand in residential sector in the long term, growth forecast in the industrial and commercial sectors in the short to medium term.
- Home ownership levels of fire suppression systems such as extinguishers, blankets and sprinkler systems remain low, although regulations should drive long term growth in large apartment buildings and upmarket developments.
- Key product trends and developments.
- Review of major suppliers in all product sectors – major groups, leading companies, specialist suppliers. Company overview, key products, sectors and financial information.
- Review of distribution structure illustrating direct supply and key channels including major companies operating in each channel, e.g. electrical wholesalers, specialist distributors, DIY outlets.
- Company overview and financials for key distributors including products and brands offered.
- Review of key contractors operating in the active fire protection sector – summary of activities and financial information. Also covered are M&E contractors and major FM companies managing active fire protection equipment.
ADT Fire & Security, Advanced Electronics Limited, Aico, ADI Global Distribution (ADI Gardiner), Angus Fire, Apollo Fire Detectors, Chubb Fire & Security, Cooper Safety - Fire Systems, C-TEC, Discount Fire Supplies, Eaton Group, Ei Electronics, FFE Ltd (formerly Fire Fighting Enterprises), Fike Safety Technology, Fire Depot, Firetrace International, Gent, Haes Systems, Halma PLC,Hochiki Europe (UK), Honeywell Security, Hunters Wholesalers, Kentec Electronics, Kidde Safety Europe, Kidde Fire Protection, Macron Safety Systems (UK), Nittan Europe, Norbain SD, Notifier Fire Systems, Nu-Swift International, Protec Fire Detection Plc, Safelincs, Siemens Building Technologies, Sprue Aegis PLC, System Sensor Europe, Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions (UK), Tyco Fire Products Manufacturing Limited, Xtralis.
- Sources of Information
- SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- Table GDP Data - 2012-2015 - Key Constituent Elements
- Inflation & Interest Rates
- Household Consumption
- Housing & Construction
- Table Exchange Rate Fluctuations 2011-2017 - Sterling to The Dollar, And The Euro, Spot Rates
- Population Profile
- ACTIVE FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS
- Market Background and Definition
- Market Size and Trends
- Key Market Influences
- Non-Domestic Construction Market
- House Building Completions
- Mix of House Building Completions
- Table GB Housebuilding Completions 2011-2020 (`000 Dwellings)
- House Moving Levels
- Table Number of Property Transactions UK 2010 to 2020 (`000)
- Fire Safety and Fire Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Building Regulations
- ACTIVE FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCT MIX
- Overall Product Mix
- Fire Detection / Alarm Systems
- Fire Suppression Equipment
- Household Ownership Levels of Fire Protection Equipment
- Table Fire safety measures in the home 2013/14
- Imports and Exports
- Table Imports & Exports of Fire & Burglar Alarms - 2012-2015 (£m MSP)
- Table Imports & Exports of Fire Extinguishers 2012-2015 (£m MSP)
- SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION
- Major Groups
- Fire Protection Companies
- Channels of Distribution Overview
- Electrical Wholesalers
- Specialist Distributors
- M&E Contractors
- FM Providers