In 2010, the European markets for interventional cardiology devices were valued at over 1.5 billion. In 2010, the fastest growing European market for interventional cardiology devices as the United Kingdom. Over the forecast period, Scandinavia is expected to be the fastest growing market in Europe because it has relatively low DES penetration rates; as these penetration rates increase, they will boost market growth. Growth in countries such as Austria, France, and Switzerland are expected to slow over the forecast period due to decreases in prices across several device markets.
The European markets, as defined in this report, include:
The interventional cardiology market includes:
- The United Kingdom (U.K.),
- Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg),
- Scandinavia (Finland, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway),
- Austria and
In addition, this report covers the emerging markets for vulnerable plaque screening and treatment.
- Drug-eluting stents,
- Bare-metal stents,
- PTCA balloon catheters,
- Interventional coronary catheters and guidewires,
- Diagnostic coronary catheters and guidewires,
- Coronary introducer sheaths,
- Embolic protection devices,
- Atherectomy devices,
- Coronary vascular closure devices,
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) catheters
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) catheters
Within the European interventional cardiology market, companies such as Boston Scientific, Abbott Laboratories, Cordis and Medtronic lead the market, among many others. This report provides a comprehensive and detailed analysis of market revenues by device type, market forecasts through 2017, unit sales, average selling prices, market drivers and limiters and a detailed competitive analysis, including manufacturer market shares and product portfolios.
The executive summary of this report is also available for purchase.