This report contains a competitive company benchmarking analysis based on key financial and operating parameters and ratios of a select peer group of companies, compared to one another and to overall global averages for their retail channel. The analysis highlights the companies that are performing the best among the peer group, and in which areas, and therefore clarifies leading performance standards and the strengths and weaknesses of companies covered.
ICD Research’s ‘Middle East and African Top Five Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Discounters - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report’ compares the strength of the top five hypermarkets, supermarkets and discounters in Middle East and Africa relative to each other and international averages for retailers in the hypermarkets, supermarkets and discounters channel.
The benchmark analysis is based on key parameters and ratios that explain the performance of a particular company against that of its immediate peers and its overall channel of operation. As such, it provides an easy-to-use analysis which highlights the companies that are setting the benchmark performance in their channel of operation.
The report provides a peer group benchmarking analysis of Top Five Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Discounters in Middle East and Africa. The peer group is selected from our Retailer Company Benchmark Database which covers the leading 1,000 global retailers. The peer groups covered includes leading public hypermarkets, supermarkets and discounters based in Middle East and Africa which generate over XX% of their total revenues from the region.
The retailers covered in the report are:
- Shoprite Holdings Limited
- Pick n Pay Holdings Limited
- The SPAR Group Limited
- Shufersal Limited
- Alon Holdings Blue Square-Israel Limited
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relative competitive strengths and weaknesses of the players covered, both compared to each other, as well as for the average performance of retailers in this channel around the world.
- Detailed scorecards and summary heat charts provide clear, concise at a glance analysis of the relative performance of the companies covered across a range of metrics. While more detailed data provides the granular detail behind these concise analyses.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the best in class performance levels amongst the retailers covered in order to benchmark both competitor performance as well as that of your own company.
SPAR was the strongest performer of the top five hypermarkets, supermarkets and discounters in Middle East and Africa, due to its strong performance in operational efficiency pillar, but it was not the strongest performer in all areas.
Shoprite was the top performer under the scale and growth pillar. However, its performance was comparable to, or weaker than, the channel average in operational efficiency and financial performance pillars.
Pick n Pay's performance was weaker than the channel average in the peer group. It was mainly due to its weaker performance in operational efficiency and financial performance pillars. However, its performance in scale and pillar was comparable to channel average.