The opportunity for drinks biopackaging continues to grow, despite increased attention around recycled PET as an equally sustainable alternative solution. Still a relatively emerging phenomenon, technological advancements, combined with retailer and consumer acceptance, are enabling compostable bottle formats to penetrate the mainstream.
The Drinks Biopackaging 2011 report examines the main drivers and challenges of this sector, focusing primarily on North America and West Europe, as well as commenting on other developments across the globe.
Zenith's Drinks Biopackaging 2011 report includes:
- Executive summary
- Commentary on market definitions, evolution, regulation, growth drivers and considerations, in addition to commentary on other sustainable packaging solutions
- West Europe & North American market volume for drinks in biopackaging formats (2006-2015)
- West Europe & North American market value and value per litre for drinks in biopackaging formats (2006-2010)
- Regional review of the current bioplastics market and key suppliers of bioplastic materials
- Contributor feature from UK-based compostable bottled water manufacturer
- Profiles of 21 end products packaged in biopackaging formats, including brand manufacturer details, packaging and product information, as well as distribution details
- SWOT analysis and market outlook
- Technological advances, increasing environmental consciousness and improved consumer and retailer acceptance have supported the development of the bioplastics industry, however the drinks biopackaging sector needs further impetus and governmental backing to realise its true potential. This report will help manufacturers understand the opportunity afforded by biopackaged beverages, whilst also giving a balanced view of other sustainable packaging solutions that are gaining momentum.
The Drinks Biopackaging 2011 report is broken down into the following main sections:
- Market overview, including market dynamics and developments and a SWOT analysis
- West Europe and North American market analysis, including data tables, charts and commentary on trends
- A focus on key suppliers, leading brands and a geographic spread of sample brands