The residential water treatment after sales service and maintenance market consists of any repair or maintenance related work performed on a water treatment system after its original sale. The service industry consists only of those owners who opt to have service performed on their water treatment systems by company owned technicians, company owned service centers or independent service technicians. This definition refers to the do-it-for-me (DIFM) market.
All revenue figures for this research consist of the following segments, which make up the total after sales service and maintenance market revenues:
- General repairs
- Maintenance service
- Spare parts
- System installation
- Rental services (After sales and maintenance services are offered as a part of the rental package in some countries like South Korea, Malaysia and Thailand).
Note: Replacement filters sold separately are excluded in the market sizing. The market analysis is specifically for the point-of-use systems only.
Market Share by Revenues (Asia)
South Korea Market Drivers and Restraints
South Korea Revenue Forecasts and Market Share
South Korea Market Trends
Types of Services Offered by Companies- Woonjin Coway, Winix, E&A Medical Company, Chungho Nais, Tong Yang Magic
The after sales service and maintenance market presents some unique opportunities that make it a prime candidate for delivering value in growing economies. By increasing their market share of aftermarket parts and services, companies are able to generate a more predictable, high margin revenue stream that also increases customer satisfaction and retention.
- In Asia, after sales and maintenance is typically done by sending service technicians to customer homes.
- Most of the companies provide a toll free 24*7 help line number.
- Majority of the companies provide free system installation services.
- Rental markets are popular in South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia.
- Annual maintenance contracts are popular in some countries, like India, and Malaysia.