Luxury Consumers and Their Luxury Travel Plans 2012Unity Marketing Inc.
December 15, 2011
62 Pages - SKU: UM6738425
Additional InformationStudy Objectives
In each wave of Unity Marketing’s Luxury Tracking study is fielded, special topics of interest to luxury marketers are researched in more depth and published in a separate trend report. This third quarter 2011 luxury consumers and their luxury travels and adventures were studied.
In the latest luxury tracking survey, luxury consumers were asked about their plans for upcoming travel experiences (n=747). For those who have no firm plans for upcoming travel experiences (n=751), another series of questions about their most recent travel experiences were asked. This gives us the ability to compare and contrast how luxury consumers travel plans differ from their actual travel experiences. Further it points to trends and shifts in how luxury consumers may travel in the future, as compared with the past.
Questions included in this special investigation focused on:
- Where luxury consumers travel.
- How far in advance of a trip they make their travel plans, so that marketers can identify the ideal time to promote luxury travel experiences to wealthy clientele.
- The type of luxury experiences included in their travel plans, such as cruises, inclusive and non-inclusive resort stays, adventure travel, private jet travel, and so on.
- Type of experiences luxury consumer seek out as most important when planning a travel experience, including relaxation, sightseeing, family-connecting experiences, fine dining, historical, romantic experiences and others. These insights helps marketers position their travel experiences to the specific needs and desires of wealthy travelers.
- We asked about what influences the wealthy traveler in making their plans, for example how important it is for luxury travelers to select a destination that is new to them and the importance of being offered discounts and special rewards. These insights help marketers put together travel offers that hit wealthy travelers 'hot buttons' and encourage them to buy.
- Finally luxury travelers were asked about their use of travel agents to plan their trip and use of reward points or airline miles for their travels, to help marketers understand the role these play in the wealthy travelers' plans.
More Leisure Travel reports by Unity Marketing Inc.
Forecast For Luxury Travel Through 2010 Trend Report by Unity Marketing Inc.
Contained in this new Unity Marketing luxury trend report, Forecast for Luxury Travel Through 2010: A Luxury Trend Report , are essential facts and ...
Experiential Luxury Report 2009: Ultimate Guide to the Luxury Consumer Market for Travel & Other Experiences by Unity Marketing Inc.See all reports like this >>
This report provides data about the purchase behavior of the nation's top quintile of affluent high-end shoppers. The report contains detail statistics about what luxuries ...
We can help you find what you need. Call us or write us:
Need help in your search?
- Lifestyle & Economics
- Affluent Market
- Travel Services
- Hotels & Lodging
- General Travel Services
- Leisure Travel
Leisure Travel Reports