The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast market sizes covering the entire Turkish travel industry
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Turkey
- Descriptions and market outlooks for various sectors in the Turkish tourist industry, such as transportation, accommodation and travel intermediaries
- Detailed market classification across each sector, with analysis using similar metrics
Turkey is the world’s seventh most attractive tourist destination in terms of tourist volume. As the cradle of an ancient civilization, Turkey has been a long-standing popular destination for tourists with historical interests, and also for health and wellness tourists. Recently, however, due to sustained economic growth, there has been a rapid increase in international and domestic tourist activity. Tourist volumes in the country grew from 35.38 million in 2007 to 46.25 million in 2011, registering a CAGR of 6.92%, and the tourism industry has become an important driver for Turkey’s economic development, contributing 10.2% of the country’s GDP and 7.2% of its total employment in 2009. After the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countries, Turkey is considered the most promising emerging economy, and is part of the CIVETS (Colombia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Turkey and South Africa) group.Scope
This report provides an extensive analysis of the travel and tourism market in Turkey:
Reasons To Buy
- It details historical values for Turkey’s travel and tourism industry for 2007–2011, along with forecast figures for 2012–2016
- It provides top-level analysis of the overall travel and tourism market, as well as individual category values for both the 2007–2011 review period and the 2012–2016 forecast period
- The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of tourist spending in Turkey
- The report profiles top travel and tourism companies in Turkey
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Turkish travel and tourism industry and each sector within it
- Understand the demand and supply-side dynamics within the Turkish travel and tourism industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
- Assess the competitive landscape in the travel and tourism market in Turkey, and formulate effective market-entry strategies
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within the Turkish tourism industry’s key categories, including transportation, accommodation and travel intermediaries
- During the review period, total tourist volume, including domestic, inbound and outbound tourists, increased from 35.38 million in 2007 to 46.25 million in 2011, registering a CAGR of 6.92%.
- The volume of domestic tourists showed steady growth, with a CAGR of 3.92% over the review period. This growth across all tourist types is attributed to a variety of macroeconomic issues such as rapid GDP growth, increased disposable incomes, closer integration with the EU and a weak currency.
- The volume of inbound tourists increased from 22.25 million in 2007 to 30 million in 2011, registering a CAGR of 7.76% during the review period.
- The number of passengers on Turkish airlines is expected to increase by 5.3% in 2011 after the debilitating impacts of the global economic downturn, the H1N1 outbreak and high fuel costs in recent years.