Reinsurance in Pakistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019
Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Pakistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Pakistani reinsurance segment. It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2010–2014) and forecast period (2014–2019).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the Pakistani economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Pakistani insurance industry.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise to enable reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Pakistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Pakistani reinsurance segment, including:
The Pakistani reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
A comprehensive overview of the Pakistani economy and demographics
Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Pakistani insurance industry
The competitive landscape in the Pakistani reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Pakistan:
It provides historical values for the Pakistani reinsurance segment for the report’s 2010–2014 review period, and projected figures for the 2014–2019 forecast period.
It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Pakistani reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2019.
It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Pakistan, and the reinsurance segment's growth prospects.
Reasons To Buy
Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Pakistani reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Pakistani reinsurance segment.
Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
Gain insights into key regulations governing the Pakistani insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
The Pakistani reinsurance segment’s gross written premium grew at a review-period CAGR of 7.2%.
Facultative reinsurance accounted for 54.3% of the premium accepted in 2014, while treaty reinsurance accounted for the remaining 45.7%.
During the review period, Pakistan was severely impacted by natural disasters, which negatively affected insurers’ profits.
The development of the country’s domestic reinsurance business has been a key focus of Pakistani policymakers since 2000, eventually resulting in the SECP making it mandatory for Pakistan-based insurers to cede a proportion of their premium to the state-owned Pakistan Reinsurance Company Ltd (PRCL), in 2000.
The Pakistani reinsurance segment is highly competitive, with the presence of foreign reinsurers and one domestic reinsurer.