Over the last two decades, the telecom industry world over has grown and evolved at an incredible pace and has considerably changed the way people interact. Although, fixed line is still the most penetrated telecom segment; wireless or mobile segment has been the key contributor over the last decade, offering a wide range of opportunities to provider and services to customers. Today, there are more than 4 billion mobile phone users worldwide and this number is expected to reach 5 billion in coming years. The shift of revenue from fixed to mobile and from voice to data is accelerating. Apart from its social and cultural impact on modern society, telecom industry is one of the significant contributors of world economy with an estimated 3% of the global GDP. Driven by strong mobile and broadband penetration in emerging markets and substantial economic recovery in developed markets, global telecom industry is expected to see double digit growth over the next four to five years.
Report Coverage and Highlights
- Report gives a brief history of country’s telecom sector and its role in economy and discusses in detail the composition of sector.
- In-depth analysis of the overall telecom industry in the country as well as various segments like fixed line, mobile, broadband, etc, with information on customer base and market size.
- Various trends – regional, manufacturing, technology and pricing - and growth drivers are examined comprehensively.
- Market competition is analysed with detailed company profiles and market share assessment of leading players.
- Report also discusses country’s telecom policy and the recent policy measures taken by the government.