Mobile phones have come a long way in last couple of decades. From just a calling instrument, today’s mobile phones have become “smarter” and undertake all those activities that are performed by computers and laptops. In 2010, more than 1.5 billion mobile handsets were shipped globally, of which almost 20% were smartphones. And by 2015, we estimated that the smartphones will make up to 45% of the 2.1 billion mobile handset shipments worldwide. This growth will primarily be due to ever declining smartphone prices as a result of intense competition, popularization of application stores and continued adoption of 3G and 4G technologies. Synergyst’s “Global Smartphones Market Forecast (2011-2015)” report presents a high quality analysis of the current and future smartphones market. Statistics relating to smartphone shipments, industry revenues, market shares of vendors, operating system adoption, average selling prices and other trends are covered in detail.
Report Coverage and Highlights
- Detailed analysis of global mobile handset industry covering revenue growth, regional industry sizes, global and regional shipments trends and a five year forecast for shipments and industry revenues.
- Industry sizing and regional segmentation of the global smartphones market, comprising in detail future shipment by region, industry revenue generation globally as well as regionally.
- Smartphones industry segmentation by operating systems analyzing market share trends and forecasts, in-depth analysis of leading systems like Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian, etc.
- Analysis of various mobile application stores like App Store, App World, Android Market and Ovi Store, with their current and future market share trends, consumer download trends, etc.
- Detailed review of regional smartphone markets, focusing on shipment and market share trends.
- Comprehensive study of trends that are prevailing in global smartphone markets like changing ASPs, 3G growth, trends in emerging markets, mobile internet, consumer needs in developed markets and technical trends.
- Competitive review of leading smartphone manufacturers analyzing their market share changes and shipment forecasts.
- Detailed profile of leading vendors covering their smartphone segment performance, strategies, future plans, financial analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Companies covered in this report include - Apple, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, Research in Motion and Samsung.