Swimming Pool Equipment and Maintenance Products, 2nd EditionSBI
April 1, 2012
The U.S. market for swimming pool equipment and maintenance products includes liners, covers, heaters, filters, pumps, chemicals, lighting, cleaners, sweepers, vacuums, automated systems, controllers and safety equipment. Sales of these products in the United States have followed closely those of swimming pool sales. There are some discrepancies in the level and direction of growth between market segments; however, due to a variety of driving and inhibitory factors.
The U.S. market for swimming pool equipment and maintenance products was valued at over $3.4 Billion in 2011. Although the market has not shown much growth over the past few years, SBI Energy expects sales will pick up a little in 2012 and by 2021 projects the market will have nearly doubled in value. Products associated with residential above-ground pools will likely experience the most growth, as these more economical pools are increasingly being chosen over their more costly counterparts.
With the recent recession, the United States has had to face its share of economic challenges; less money has been spent on luxuries, while consumers have had to spend more on necessities. Swimming pool sales have been affected, along with pool equipment and maintenance products. Commercial, public pools across the country have closed and construction of residential in-ground pools has slowed. Although the swimming pool market has suffered some, it is expected to slowly recover, as Americans resume their spending and as a variety of other factors come into play.
One factor fertilizing the market is America’s heightened interest in fitness; in the past 20 years, the percentage of athletic club members has nearly doubled and this trend is expected to continue. Swimming pools are often part of the fitness equation – especially for baby boomers and the elderly looking for a low-impact gentle workout. Individuals in need of a convenient place to exercise have helped to spur a demand for more apartment complexes, retirement centers, schools and other types of residential and community facilities, which sport gyms as well as swimming pools.
In order to save energy and support a healthy environment many consumers are looking to go green by installing solar powered pumps and heaters for their swimming pools. Solar power is especially suitable for swimming pools, as the majority of pools are located where there is plenty of sunshine. In response to consumer demand, researchers and developers are improving solar power technologies for swimming pools, already-existing companies are expanding their product lines into the solar realm and new companies dedicated solely to solar-power products for swimming pools are opening their doors.
The U.S. Market for Swimming Pool Equipment and Maintenance Products contains comprehensive historical data (2007-2011) and forecast data (2012-2021) for swimming pools and various pool equipment and maintenance products. This report identifies key trends and factors (such as the regulatory scene, new technologies, employment opportunities and economic drivers and challenges), which affect the size and direction of market growth in the United States. Profiles of more than one dozen major – or simply interesting – companies involved in the industry are also included in this report.
The information contained in The U.S. Market for Swimming Pool Equipment and Maintenance Products has been gathered from trade associations; business, science and law journals; company literature and websites; interviews with at least ten key individuals, research services and institutes around the world; and is based on data from government agencies, trade associations and other industry sources.
How You Will Benefit From This Report
The U.S. Market for Swimming Pool Equipment and Maintenance Products details significant trends, schemes and market numbers for a clear overview of the evolving swimming pool equipment and maintenance products market.
This report will help:
- Managers identify market opportunities and develop new designs for their swimming pool equipment and maintenance products.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and understand the developments and obstacles within the swimming pool equipment and maintenance products market.
- Business development executives work within the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians access vital information.
- Policy makers and government officials understand the dynamics and scope of the market they may be affecting.
- Advertising agencies working with clients involved in the swimming pool equipment and maintenance products market to help design appropriate messages and images.
- Investors and stakeholders gain a well-rounded view of the swimming pool equipment and maintenance product market, including its strengths, weaknesses and likely future direction.
More Water reports by SBI
More United States Water reports
More United States reports
- Home Building & Improvement
- Solar Power
- Machines & Parts
- Swimming Pools
- Specialty Chemicals
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- Metering (Chemical Injection /Dosing) Pump Market By Type (Diaphragm & Plunger/Piston) & Application (Water & Waste Water, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverages, Pulp & Pater) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Space and Water Heating Market Report - UK 2013-2017 Analysis
- Membrane Technology for Liquid and Gas Separations
- Large Diameter Pipe
- Analysis of the Global RO and UF Membranes Market