Global Molecular Diagnostics - Market Overview
The global molecular diagnostics market is witnessing a period of profound growth. The growth is coming from different regions and markets. The various application and technological sub-segments of molecular diagnostics are also giving the market a big push. The increase in the aging population and incidences of various chronic diseases are driving the demand of molecular diagnostics world over. The industry is getting a push from every side and many factors collectively are fuelling the growth in this industry.
Molecular diagnostics is a vital and dynamic field in which yesterday’s new technologies and platforms are today becoming populated with novel, diverse, and useful content. Growing with a CAGR of 19 percent global molecular diagnostics market is expected to reach US$ 15 Billion by 2014.The fastest growing segment is infectious disease with 21% market share as the dominant segment. The next fastest growing segment is oncology testing due to rising cases of cancer patients .The future growth is expected to come from genetic testing, blood screening testing and neurological testing.
Geographically, the US and EMEA markets are the most advanced in terms of adoption of molecular testing and make up the majority of the existing market. However, Japanese molecular diagnostics market is promising with the ageing population and a declining birth rate is putting the whole Japanese healthcare system under pressure. Under such circumstances, the role of preventive medical care is increasingly important. China and India molecular diagnostics market is one of the lucrative markets to rollout the diagnosis business. As with the rapid advancement Chinese and Indian economy has dramatically increased the purchasing power of a growing segment of the populace, which coupled with an emerging mindset toward wellness, preventive medicine, and access to cutting-edge products and services and makes the future outlook extremely positive for this very exciting new field in clinical care. The provision of new and cutting-edge molecular tests will surely be followed by greater affordability as prices come down due to return on investment, competition, and technology advancement.
“Global Molecular Diagnostics Market & Future Forecast 2010 - 2014” report published by Renub Research provides an in-depth analysis of the past, present and future prospects. The report has been researched at source globally and features latest available data covering:
- Global Molecular Diagnostics Market (2008 to 2014)
- Top 8 application wise molecular diagnostics (Infectious Disease Testing, Blood Screening Testing, Oncology Testing, Genetic Testing, Tissue Typing Testing, Cardiovascular Disease Testing, Neurological Testing and Food Pathogen Detection Testing) data of Past, Present and Future Market (2008 to 2014)
- Top 7 technological wise molecular diagnostics (PCR based tests, PCR related technologies, Non-PCR tests, FISH & Innovation testing, Biochips, Biosensor & Other technologies) data of Past, Present and Future Market (2008 to 2014)
- Top 9 Countries (USA, Europe the Middle East & Africa , Japan, China, India, Germany, Brazil, Mexico and South Korea) data of Past, Present and Future Market
- Mergers and Acquisitions in the molecular diagnostics market
- Key drivers of growth in the molecular diagnostics market
- Key Players in the molecular diagnostics market
- Globally, Molecular Diagnostics market is expected to reach US$ 15 Billion by 2014
- Infectious disease testing dominates the molecular diagnostics market with more than 21% market share in 2010
- Oncology and infectious disease testing sectors are likely growth leaders in the molecular diagnostics market
- Blood Screening & Genetic testing will have a combined market share of 26% by 2014
- Biochips market is expected to cross US$ 3 Billion by 2014
- Fish & Innovation testing is expected to capture more than 16% market share by 2014
- USA is expected to have more than US$ 6 Billion molecular diagnostics market by 2014
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about the major players in molecular diagnostics market. The key players analyzed in this section are Roche, Abbott, Bayer AG, Qiagen, Gen-Probe, Becton Dickinson and Company, bioMérieux, Myriad Genetics, Inc., Celera Corporation.
Information and data in this report has been collected from various printable and non-printable sources like Trade Journals, White papers, Online paid databases, News websites, Government Agencies, Magazines, Newspapers and Trade associations.