3D TV - Market Overview
Television manufacturers are viewing 3D developments as the next big thing for the 3D TV industry, and expect it to boost sales and interest as much as color TVs did to black and white entertainment decades ago. They have already announced several 3D TV ready models, with many more to come in 2011. There is now talk of 3D broadcast channels in America, Europe and Asia for the coming years. The top four companies, Sony Corporation, LG Electronics, Samsung, and Panasonic Corporation have already come up with their own variants of 3D display products, which they believe would be of interest to consumers.
Worldwide 3D TV unit sales are expected to grow with a CAGR of 79.12% for the period spanning 2010 - 2014. The 3D TV market worldwide is expected to surpass the landmark figure of US$100 Billion by the coming year 2014. 3D TV unit sales for the year 2010 have been derived by two major countries US and South Korea with a combined share of 66.17%. As both of these countries are considered to be early adopters so they have a good market share in the beginning. However, there market share in future will decrease year on year as Europe is going to be the biggest growth centre in the years to come.
The greater adoption of 3D TV in the near future is more inclined toward gaming, movies, and television broadcast. 3D TV is still in its infancy and a lot needs to happen before it is widely adopted. Factors such as the cost quotient of these new 3D TVs needs to come down and it has to be competitively priced with existing digital technologies. Compelling TV programs such as sport shows, feature films, and commercial TV have to be introduced in order to justify the investment being made by consumers. Further, standardization of technology is essential, which helps in preventing the occurrence of various formats that leave the customer confused about making a choice.
Report titled “3D TV Market and Future Forecast Worldwide (2010 - 2014)” is divided in six parts.
- First section describes 3D TV introduction this section covers the basic concept of 3D TV, technological aspects of 3D TV, types of 3D TV displays and CEA survey of 3D TV adoption for the coming years.
- Second section explains the current and forecasted figures for worldwide 3D TV unit sales and its market size. It also explains the countries share for the 3D TV sales units and its market size.
- Third section of this report describes the 3D TV sales units and its market size and 3D content broadcasting initiative by the broadcasters in the major countries like US, UK, Japan and Western Europe etc.
- Fourth section of this report identified the key inhibitors and drivers of the 3D TV.
- Fifth section of this report explains the major 3D TV players and their 3D TV planning and 3D content initiatives.
- Sixth section talks about key players and their initiatives taken in 3D TV field.
Key Questions Answered
- What is 3D TV worldwide sales units and market size in 2010?
- What will be 3D TV worldwide sales units and market size from 2011 to 2014?
- What is the performance of countries (US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, UK & Western Europe) in 3D TV sales units from 2010 to 2014?
- What is the market size of countries (US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, UK & Western Europe) in 3D TV from 2010 to 2014?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors of 3D TV industry?
- What are the initiatives taken by the TV broadcasters?
- What are the initiatives taken by the 3D TV manufactures?
- The 3D TV market size is expected be more than US$ 100 Billion at the end of 2014
- Worldwide 3D TV unit sales is expected to grow with a CAGR of 79.12% for the period of 2010 to 2014
- In 2010 US and South Korea combined share accounted for 66% of total 3D TV unit sales worldwide
- From 2012 onwards Western Europe will have biggest market share in worldwide 3D TV market
- In 2010 US controls biggest market share of 40% in 3D TV market worldwide
- US 3D TV market is forecasted to cross US$ 25 Billion by 2015
- South Korea 3D TV market is expected to be near KRW 2,500 Billion by 2014
- Western Europe unit sales is expected to grow with a CAGR of 184.9% for the period of 2010 to 2013
- Japan 3D TV unit sales is expected to grow with a CAGR of 100% for the period of 2010 to 2013
- United Kingdom 3D TV market in 2010 was less than GBP 100 Million but, its forecasted to be more than GBP 2.5 Billion by 2015
- Canada 3D TV market is expected to be more than US$ 10 Billion by 2015
- The key drivers of worldwide 3D TV market are multiple initiatives taken by governments, 3D content broadcasters and 3D TV manufactures.
- In the year 2010, FIFA World Cup 2010, worldwide major sports events and major festivals are broadcasted in 3D, which helps to boost the 3D TV industry.
Key Players Analyze
This section covers the key facts (3D TV and 3D content initiatives) about the major players currently operating in the 3D TV industry. The key players analyzed in this section include:
- Samsung Electronics Co Limited
- LG Electronics, Inc.
- Sony Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
Information and data in this report has been collected from various printable and non-printable sources like Trade Journals, White papers, Online paid databases, News websites, Government Agencies, Magazines, Newspapers and Trade associations.