PLUNKETT'S HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY TRENDS & STATISTICS 2015
Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Pages: 73 Statistical Tables Provided: 34 Geographic Focus: Global
A condensed market research report excerpted from Plunkett’s Health Care Industry Almanac 2015, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and vital statistical tables. You will gain significant insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
How is the industry evolving?
How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
What is the size of the market now and in the future?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends and Technologies Affecting the Health Care Industry
1) Introduction to the Health Care Industry 2) Continued Rise in Health Care Costs 3) Employers Push Health Care Costs onto Employees 4) Medicare and Medicaid Spending Continue to Surge/Oldest Baby Boomers Hit 65+ Years of Age 5) U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrites the Rules and Increases Coverage, But May Not Restrain Costs 6) Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) Grow/Massive Mergers in Hospital Sector 7) Concierge Care/Direct Primary Care Are on the Rise 8) Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) 9) Number of Uninsured Americans Declines But Remains High 10) Few New Blockbusters: Major Drug Patents Expire While Generic Sales Growth Continues 11) Biotech and Orphan Drugs Create New Revenues for Drug Firms 12) Quality of Care and Health Care Outcomes Data Become Available Online 13) Malpractice Suits Are Blamed for Rising Health Care Costs/Tort Reform Is Capping Awards for Damages 14) Obesity Sparks Government Action/Snack Foods Get Healthier 15) Health Care Goes Offshore, Medical Tourism and Clinical Trials Continue in China, India and Elsewhere 16) Retail Clinics, Urgent Care Centers and Employer Sites Increase Health Care Options/Reduce Costs 17) Health Care Industry Grows Rapidly in China, India and Mexico
Health Care Industry Statistics
I. U.S. Health Care Industry Overview
1) U.S. Health Care Industry Overview 2) Global Health Statistics 3) Affordable Care Act Overview 4) Domestic & Foreign Pharmaceutical Sales, PhRMA Member Companies: 1975-2013 5) Employment in the Health Care Industry, U.S.: 2007-2013 6) Employment & Earnings in Health Care Practitioner & Technical Occupations, U.S.: May 2013 7) Employment & Earnings in Health Care Support Occupations, U.S.: May 2013 8) The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process 9) U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2013
II. U.S. Health Care Expenditures & Costs
1) The Nation's Health Dollar: 2014 Where It Came From (Estimated) 2) The Nation's Health Dollar: 2014 Where It Went (Estimated 3) National Health Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2007-2023 4) National Health Expenditures by Type of Expenditure with Affordable Care Act Impacts, U.S.: Selected Calendar Years, 2006-2023 5) Hospital Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2007-2023 6) Hospital Care Expenditures, Percent Distribution & Per Capita Amount, U.S.: 2007-2023 7) Nursing Home Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2007-2023 8) Nursing Home Care Expenditures, Percent Distribution & Per Capita Amount, U.S.: 2007-2023 9) Home Health Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2007-2023 10) Home Health Care Expenditures, Percent Distribution & Per Capita Amount, U.S.: 2007-2023 11) Prescription Drug Expenditures, U.S.: 1970-2023 12) Prescription Drug Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2007-2023 13) Prescription Drug Expenditures, Percent Distribution & Per Capita Amount, U.S.: 2007-2023
III. Medicare & Medicaid
1) Medicare Enrollment, 1970-2085 2) Medicare Cost & Non-Interest Income by Source as a Percent of GDP, 1970-2088 3) Medicare Beneficiaries with Prescription Drug Coverage, Summary Report: August 2014 4) Medicaid Enrollment & Expenditures for Medical Assistance Payments & Administration: Selected Years, 1966-2022 5) Medicaid Enrollment & Expenditures, by Enrollment Group: Fiscal Year 2012
IV. U.S. Health Insurance Coverage & The Uninsured
1) Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.: 1999-2013 2) Number & Percent of Persons without Health Insurance Coverage, by Age Group, U.S.: 1999-2013 3) Medical Care Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2014 4) Employers' Costs for Health Insurance, Amount & Percent of Total Compensation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2008-2014
V. U.S. Vital Statistics & Population Indicators
1) Life Expectancy at Age 65, U.S. 2) Current Cigarette Smoking by Persons 18 Years of Age & Over, U.S.: 1997-2013 3) Overweight & Obesity Among Adults, by Sex, Race & Hispanic Origin, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2012