PLUNKETT'S ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA INDUSTRY TRENDS & STATISTICS 2015
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Geographic Focus: Global
A condensed market research report excerpted from Plunkett’s Entertainment & Media Industry Almanac 2015, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and vital statistical tables. You will gain significant insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
Major Trends Affecting the Entertainment & Media IndustrY
1) Introduction to the Entertainment & Media Industry
2) TVs are Internet Ready/Set Top Accessories Like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
3) DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
4) Apple’s iTunes Sets the Standard in the Music Industry, but Faces Competition from Internet Radio
5) Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio/SiriusXM Tops 27 Million Subscribers
6) Broadcast Radio Stations on the Internet/The Era of Digital Radio Begins
7) Casino Revenues Slow in Macau/Internet Gambling Expands in the U.S.
8) New Electronic Game Consoles Help Revive Sales
9) Reality TV Dominates Broadcast Programming/Falling Ratings Force Networks to Find New Ways to Distribute Content
10) Cable and Satellite TV Lose Subscribers/ Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
11) Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete in the Television Market
12) Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges
13) TV Sales Slow/Plasma TVs Phased Out
14) Movie Attendance Stalls/Film Companies Innovate with Digital Projection and Enhanced Cinema Experiences
15) China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
16) Global Broadband Market Nears 3 Billion Subscribers, Fixed and Wireless
17) Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
18) Mobile Videos and TV Gain Smartphone Users
19) Newspapers and Magazines See Excellent Growth in Digital Editions and Apps
20) Tablets and Smartphones Cause Shift in Desktop PC Market/eBook Sales Top $1.3 Billion Yearly in the U.S.
21) Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue Sources for Games Publishers
22) 3-D Games Open New Opportunities/Immersion Games Offer Virtual Reality
23) Online and Mobile Game Playing Boom/Multi-Player Gaming (MMORPG) Is Strong Worldwide
24) Global Mobile Apps Revenues to Hit $77 Billion Yearly in 2017
25) Theme Parks Draw Major Investment in China Entertainment & Media Industry Statistics
1) Entertainment & Media Industry Overview
2) Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2009-2014
3) Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2009-2014
4) Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 1990-2013
5) Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2009-2014
6) Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2009-2014
7) Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2009-2014
8) Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2009-2014
9) Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2009-2014
10) Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2009-2014
11) Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2009-2014
12) Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2009-2014
13) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2009-2014
14) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2008-2014
15) Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2011-2013
16) Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2013
17) Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2009-Oct. 2014