PLUNKETT'S E-COMMERCE & INTERNET BUSINESS TRENDS & STATISTICS 2013
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Geographic Focus: Global
A condensed market research report excerpted from Plunkett’s E-Commerce & Internet Business Almanac 2013, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and vital statistical tables. You will gain significant insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
Major Trends Affecting the E-Commerce & Internet Business
1) Introduction to the E-Commerce & Internet Business
2) Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
3) Amazon Gains Market Share
4) Online Advertising Becomes More Targeted, Exceeds 24% of Total Advertising Market
5) Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
6) Global Broadband Market Hits 2 Billion Subscribers, Fixed and Wireless
7) Fiber-to-the-Home Gains Traction
8) Cloud Computing, Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
9) Security Needs Flourish/Firefox and Google Chrome Grow
10) HTML5 to Make Web Pages More Interactive
11) Chinese Consumers Go Online as the World’s Biggest Internet Market Soars
12) VOIP Use Soars and Threatens to Revolutionize Telecom
13) Telecommunications Move Online Including Unified Communications, Telepresence
14) Carriers Eliminate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones and Landlines, Up Profit Potential
15) 3G Cellular Systems, Including EV-DO, Are Enhanced/HSPA+ Offers High Speed Competition to 4G
16) LTE Offers 4G High-Speed Wireless Networks
17) Social Media Privacy Concerns Plague the Industry
18) User Generated Content Drives Social Media and Generates Ad Revenues
19) Booking Travel Over the Internet Becomes the Norm
20) Apple’s iPod and iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry/Pandora and Spotify Grow
21) Kindle, Tablets and Smartphones Download Entertainment/eBook Sales Soar
22) Internet Film and TV Content Grows/Netflix Evolves to Focus on Online Delivery
23) Health Information Research Remains a Leading Use of the Internet
24) Targeted Advertising Boosts Social Network Revenues
25) Rapid Growth in Online and Mobile Banking
26) Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grows
27) Groupon and Other Coupon Firms Compete Aggressively for Consumers’ Attention
E-Commerce & Internet Business Statistics
1) E-Commerce & Internet Business Overview
2) Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2004-4th Quarter 2012
3) E-Commerce Industry, U.S., Quarterly Revenue: 2011-2012
4) U.S. Retail Trade Sales, Total & E-commerce: 2007-2010
5) Total & E-commerce Sales for Electronic Shopping & Mail-Order Houses, By Merchandise Line, U.S.: 2007-2010
6) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting, Internet Service Providers & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S. 2007-2012
7) Internet Access Technologies Compared
8) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2008-2012
9) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, by Speed, U.S.: 2009-2011
10) Percent of Home Broadband Adoption Across Population Subgroups, U.S.: 2012
11) Demographics of Internet Users by Sex, Age, Race, Community Type, Income & Education: September 2012
12) Common Internet Activities, U.S.
13) Common Daily Internet Activities, U.S.
14) Amazon.com, Inc. Annual Sales & Income: 2008-2012
15) eBay Quarterly & Annual Statistics: 2008-2012
16) Employment in E-commerce & Internet-related Fields, U.S.: 1997-2012