The U.S. Sports Nutritionals MarketPackaged Facts
May 1, 2001
303 Pages - SKU: LA224403
Additional InformationScope And Methodology
This report covers nutritional substances used to enhance sports performance and sold at retail through such outlets as supplement chains and other health and natural product stores, drugstores, food stores, mass merchandisers, gyms and health clubs, sporting goods stores, bike shops, multilevel marketing, mail order, and the Internet. The report does not cover supplements used for general health or preventive reasons or for non-sports treatment; diet supplements; supplements used for non-nutritional purposes; nutritional substances sold at the institutional level; or nutritional substances used as ingredients to produce human or animal nutritional products. It does include sports beverages and sports bars.
The information contained in this report was obtained from both primary and secondary research. Primary research entailed in-depth, on-site examinations of health and natural product stores, drugstores, mass merchandisers, supermarkets, sporting goods stores, bike shops, and health clubs. Extensive company, distributor, and retailer interviews were conducted to obtain information on regulatory issues, marketing programs, and new products pertaining to the sports nutritional market. Secondary research entailed data gathering from relevant sources. Included were consumer and industry publications, newspapers, government reports, financial reports, company literature, and corporate annual reports. Because a large share of sports nutritional sales occurs in chain supplement and single health product stores, which are not monitored by tracking services, total retail sales of sports nutritional products can only be estimated. For the health and natural product sector, Packaged Facts has relied on data published by trade magazines, including Natural Foods Merchandiser, Vitamin Retailer, Whole Foods, Health Products Business, and Natural Products Insider, supplemented by interviews with marketers and other trade sources. For the mass-market sector, Packaged Facts derived figures from available data from Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) and trade publications. The analysis of consumer demographics is derived from Simmons Market Research Bureau data for fall 2000.
Weekend warriors are the new consumers of sports nutritional products.
Do you know how to reach them?
The U.S. Sports Nutritionals Market, the latest industry research from Packaged Facts, covers developments in major areas of sports supplements, focusing on innovations made in each of these products:
- Strength & Bodybuilding
- Short-Term Energy
- Long-Term Endurance
- Fat Burners/Lean Mass
- Supportive Nutrition/Injury Treatment
The U.S. Sports Nutritionals Market provides you with the necessary insight into your current and projected market to formulate on-target business plans, execute the right marketing strategies, and budget resources properly.
For example, read how:
- Marketers are targeting a new sports nutritionals audience, moving beyond the traditional base of serious and professional athletes to include more casual sports-actives and people-on-the-go.
- Consumers are questioning the effectiveness of some substances and products, resulting in slower growth rates and a more competitive overall market.
- Mass merchandisers and national drugstore chains are just now embracing the sports nutritional market. Mass-market exposure should compensate for lower price points.
And now The U.S. Sports Nutritionals Market is available through MarketResearch.com, the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With MarketResearch.com, you can purchase The U.S. Sports Nutritionals Market as a complete study, or buy discrete segments using the options below:
- MarketLooks – concise, graphic-rich summaries of full-length market research reports available for online delivery. These PowerPoint slides provide industry high points in a presentation-ready format.
- Buy By the Slice –a cost-effective option that enables you to select and purchase exactly what you value most.
- Current & Projected Market Growth
- New Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Regulations & Legislation
- Consumer Usage Profile
- Consumer Sports Participation
- International Markets
- E-commerce Trends
- Balance Bar (Kraft)
- Clif Bar
- Experimental and Applied Sciences, Inc.
- General Nutrition Cos., Inc.
- MET-Rx USA, Inc. (Rexall Sundown, Inc.)
- Nutripeak, Inc.
- Twin Laboratories
- Weider Nutrition International
- Strength & Bodybuilding Products
- Short-Term Energy Products
- Long-Term Endurance Products
- Fat Burners/Lean Mass Products
- Supportive Nutrition/Injury Treatment
Tables and Graphs:
- Product Breakouts by Category
- U.S. Sales by Category
- Product Introduction by Category
- Share of Market by Category, Outlet
- Select Marketers by Brand Line & Product