North america crop protection Pesticides Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2015-2020)
The worldwide consumption of pesticides is more than two million tons per year and North America account for 25% of the global share. Pesticides constitute the largest category within the market for crop protection chemicals, with Biopesticides accounting for a comparatively minute share. However, growing environmental concerns regarding the use of synthetic pesticides that are primarily produced using petrochemical or inorganic raw materials have resulted in increasing demand for eco-friendly Biopesticides. Consumption of pesticides in North America, estimated at 817.9 thousand tons in 2014, is expected to maintain a 2015-2020 CAGR of 5.3% and reach a projected 1.1 million tons by 2020. In terms of value, demand for Pesticides in the region is projected to reach US$28.4 billion by 2020 from an estimated US$19.7 billion in 2014 by posting a CAGR of 6.3% between 2015 and 2020.
The major drivers in the market include growing consumer concern for food safety and increasing awareness on pesticide residue on the food they eat. Growing consumer preference for organic products and increased awareness on the ill effects of synthetic pesticides on human health is driving the Biopesticides market. The North America region with the introduction of NAFTA has reduced the trade tussles between the member countries. However, there is still a product price gap between the US and Canadian region; increasing cost for the Canadian and Mexico growers. While the shrinking farm lands in the North American region while pose a threat to the pesticide demand, the advantage of improved crop yield will drive the market. Some of the restrains the region faces is : increasing cases of violation of residue limits, conflicts on the use of GM crops and many regions (Canada) facing a major pesticide ban.
The United States forms the largest market for pesticides in North America and is likely to register faster growth in terms of volume consumption, though Canada is expected to exceed the US by posting a faster growth in terms of value demand. While consumption of and demand for synthetic herbicides in the region are anticipated to remain the largest, fastest growth is likely to be exhibited by synthetic fungicides. In terms of end-use area, crop-based applications of pesticides would be dominant in regard to volume consumed and value demanded, as well as in regard to recording a faster growth compared to non-crop-based applications.
The players covered in this report include ADAMA, AMVAC, BASF, Bayer crop science, Dow Agro science , Marrone bio Innovations, FMC corp among others
In this report we offer,
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the North America Crop protection chemicals (Pesticides) market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising opportunities and global consumer trends.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the North America Crop protection chemicals (Pesticides) market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.Why should you buy this report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the North America Crop protection chemicals (Pesticides) market.
2. To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
PDF E-mail From Publisher
Multi User License (2-5 Users) Fulfilled by Publisher