North America Autoimmune Diagnostics Market – Growth, Trends And Forecasts (2015 – 2020)
The North American autoimmune disease diagnostics market has been estimated at USD 2.542 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 3.438 billion in 2020 at a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020. Autoimmune diseases occur as a result of abnormal immune response of the body against healthy body tissues. This diseases are more prevalent in women. Autoimmune diseases diagnostics are used for detection of the type and stage of autoimmune disease. The autoimmune diseases include type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, psoriasis, uveitis and autoimmune thyroid disease.
This market has wide applications in consultation & diagnosis, therapy & monitoring and drug discovery & development areas. Hospitals, clinical diagnostics labs, pharmaceutical industries and CROs are the end users of this market.
Increased incidence of chronic autoimmune diseases, increasing disease awareness and improved laboratory automation are the key driving factors for the market. In addition, rising government initiatives trigger the growth of this market. However, High frequency of false positive results and shortage of skilled technicians also limits the market growth.
North American autoimmune disease diagnostic market is segmented by types i.e. Localized autoimmune disease diagnostics and Systemic Autoimmune disease diagnostics, by test which includes antinuclear antibody test, autoantibody test, complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic panel, C-reactive protein test, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, urinalysis and others. On basis of disease, the market is categorized into type 1 diabetes, Graves’ disease, Hashimotos’s thyroiditis, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, psoriasis, uveitis and autoimmune thyroid disease.
Geographically, North American autoimmune disease diagnostics market has been segmented into United States, Mexico, Canada and Rest of the World. North America shows a high growth potential because of increasing population of people suffering from autoimmune diseases. The market is expected to grow at the fastest rate due to presence of unmet medical needs, and increasing per capita healthcare expenditure. Asian American women experience Rheumatoid arthritis at a rate higher than the general population. Likewise, lupus is more common in woman of Asian origin as compared to women of other region, propelling the market for autoimmune disease diagnostic market to grow. Improving healthcare infrastructure and patient awareness levels in the emerging markets of India and China drive contribute well to the revenues of North American market.
Many players in this market are trying to expand their product portfolio in order to top the global market. While few companies are entering into the market by acquisitions, top companies are expanding their growth in this market by acquiring other companies. Few companies adopted product innovation and new product launches as its key business strategy to ensure its dominance in this market. Major companies discussed in the report are Roche, Abbott Laboratories, Bayer Healthcare, Biogen, Eli Lilly, Quest Diagnostics and GlaxoSmithKline.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the North American autoimmune disease diagnostics Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North American autoimmune disease diagnostics Market on both global and regional scales.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
PDF E-mail From Publisher
Multi User License (2-5 Users) Fulfilled by Publisher