Japan Veterinary Healthcare Market By Animal Types( Farm Animals, Companion Animals, Poultry), By Diagnostic Technologies -Trends And Forecast, 2015 – 2020
The Japan veterinary healthcare market, estimated at USD 1456 million in 2015, is set to reach USD 2968 million by 2020, with a CAGR of 15.31% over the forecast period 2015 - 2020. Increasing population of farm animals and companion animals is the prime reason for the veterinary healthcare market to grow in Japan.
Veterinary healthcare deals with food safety; prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, disorders or any injuries in animals and consistently monitoring the health of animals. Veterinary healthcare market is gaining importance as a result of manufacturers focus on production of products with specialized formulations and specialized manufacturing processes.
The healthcare services are provided to wildlife and farm animals. The end-user market is segmented into veterinary hospitals, clinics and reference laboratories. Veterinary Hospitals and clinics are the major sub segments contributing to the economic growth of this market. Farmers, livestock keepers and pet owners/lovers utilize the animal health services provided by physicians or care providers. Market for veterinary healthcare is growing steadily in Japan considering the fact that 47.5% of the households own a pet. With increasing popularity in keeping a pet as a companion and in using pets as an animal therapy, the number of pets is expected to increase in the future. Approximately 18.9% of Japanese households have a pet dog and 14.4% have cats. Of all the dog owners over 90% are "very" to "fairly" concerned about - the health of their pets.
Rising incidence of diseases (food-borne and zoonotic) in animals which consequently transfer to human beings and awareness for animal health, are the major driving factors for the market. Another factor that drives the market is continuous innovations and technological advances in development of animal health drugs. The importance of livestock animals is generating growth in the animal healthcare market because of more people consuming meat and dairy products. Population boom, stable economy is expected to result in increased demand for protein rich foods, especially in developing regions. Animal health companies are well positioned to address this growing emerging market demand for higher-protein diets. Increased oncology, cardiology, general medicine, dermatology and radiology treatments in animals drive veterinary healthcare market to grow further. Encouraged by increased consumer demand and government policies, production of livestock population in Japan grew rapidly. The Japanese government provides support to the livestock sector primarily through border measures and administered prices. However, increased competition for cultivated land, scarcity of arable land, protest of activists against the animal research and increasing cost of animal testing are the major restraints for the market growth.
In this report, Japan veterinary healthcare market is is segmented based on Animal type, Product type and Animal Diagnostics. By animal type, the veterinary healthcare market is categorized into Farm animals and Companion animals. The Farm Animal segment is further classified into Cattle, Swine, Fish, Sheep and Poultry, while Companion animal segment is classified in to Dogs, Cats and Horses. Animal products segment includes Vaccines, Parasiticides, Anti-infectives, Feed additives and Pharmaceuticals. Feed additives is further segmented into Nutritional Feed Additives and Medicinal Feed Additives. Animal diagnostics segment includes Enzyme Linked Immuno Sorbent Assay (ELISA), Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM) and Agar Gel Immuno Diffusion (AGID).
Competitive Intelligence analysis in the form of Mergers & Acquisition activity, Collaborations, Agreements, New product launches along with the profiles of major players including the likes of Virbac, Zoetis, Merial Animal Health, Novartis Animal Health, Boehringer Ingelheim, Merck Animal Health and a few others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Japan veterinary healthcare market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Japan veterinary healthcare market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
PDF E-mail From Publisher
Multi User License (2-5 Users) Fulfilled by Publisher