Global Mammography Market - Growth, Trends And Forecasts (2015 - 2020)
The Global market for Mammography devices is poised to reach $983 million by the end of 2020 growing at a CAGR of 5.6%. Mammography is a detailed type of imaging that customs a low-dose x-ray system to inspect breasts. A mammography exam, called a mammogram, is used to support in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women. An x-ray (radiograph) is a noninvasive medical test that helps physicians analyze and treat medical conditions. Imaging with x-rays involves exposing a part of the body to a small dose of ionizing radiation to produce pictures of the inside of the body. X-rays are the oldest and most frequently used form of medical imaging. Three recent advances in mammography include digital mammography, computer-aided detection and breast tomosynthesis.
Currently, the global market is dominated by the North American region. This can be attributed to the higher affordability rates and increased cancer population. Asia Pacific and Latin America are the fastest growing segments. The global market for mammography equipment can be segmented on the basis of Product (Film Screen, Digital, 3D, Analog Systems, Biopsy Systems and Others), Technology (Breast Tomosynthesis, Computer Aided Detection, and Digital Mammography), Applications (Oncology, Diagnostics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa).
Rising incidences of breast cancer, huge R&D in breast cancer therapies, advances in breast imaging modalities are the major drivers of this market.
Expensive imaging systems and risk of adverse effects of radiation exposure are the factors hindering the growth of the market.
What the report offers
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global Mammography devices Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Mammography devices market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
PDF E-mail From Publisher
Multi User License (2-5 Users) Fulfilled by Publisher