Global Bioherbicides Market – Growth, Trends And Forecasts (2015 – 2020)
The global bioherbicides market was $973.13 Million in 2015 and is expected to reach $XX Million by 2020, registering a CAGR of 10.87% during the forecasted period from 2015 to 2020. Bioherbicides offer a unique and innovative approach to the management of weeds using formulated microbial agents as an active ingredient. Microbes that have been used in this approach include fungi, bacteria, viruses and nematodes. Each microbial bioherbicide is unique, not only the organism or active ingredient but also the host, the environment in which it is being applied, and economics of production and control.As next generation herbicides, bioherbicides are gaining popularity, worldwide. Due to presence of higher herbicides residues in food crops, specifically on herbicide tolerant maize and soybean along with the increasing pest resistance, developed countries are posing strict regulations on import of such crops, which will affect the use of synthetic pesticides and will promote the use of biopesticides. Other factors driving the growth of the market are the ecofriendly nature of bioherbicides, constructive public support policies, increasing public awareness and lesser development of pest resistance. The significance of bioherbicides in integrated pest management (IPM) system has also increased its popularity, globally. However, the market of developing countries has been plagued with non-availability of product, lesser product reach to the consumer/farmer and continuing disappearance of mixed/multiple cropping that adversely affects demand for bioherbicides. While the prevalence of chemical or synthetic herbicides in crop protection would continue, human, animal and environmental health concerns would play key roles in driving growth for Bioherbicides. The report is segmented based on application; both crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications) and Non crop based categories. Emerging economies in Asia-Pacific are likely take the lead in adoption of Bioherbicides. North America accounts for the largest share in consumption of Bioherbicides followed by Europe. Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing global market for Bioherbicides, with a forecast compounded annual rate of 14.22%.The market is seeing severe competition from big and small firms, with the larger firms adopting acquisition strategy to create a foothold in the Biopesticide market. Some of the leading players covered in the report are Marrone Bio innovations, Valent Biosciences, Certis LLc, Agraquest, Koppert Biological, Bayer CropSciences, DuPont and among others. The future opportunity for the companies lies in increasing registrations of Biopesticides in various regional markets. While use of synthetic herbicides overrides bioherbicides by a large extent due to their vast availability, this trend is expected to undergo an alteration because of innovative and sustainable solutions likely to be introduced.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Global Bioherbicides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Europe.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global bioherbicides market.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.