European Biopesticides Market – Growth, Trends And Forecasts (2015 – 2020)
The European biopesticides market expected to reach XX Million by 2020 from $963.64 Million in 2015, registering a CAGR of XX% during the forecasted period from 2015 to 2020. Biopesticides offer a unique and innovative approach to the management of agricultural pests using formulated microbial agents as an active ingredient. Microbes that have been used in this approach include fungi, bacteria, viruses and nematodes. Each microbial biopesticide is unique, not only the organism or active ingredient but also the host, the environment in which it is being applied, and economics of production and control. Biopesticides are emerging as a lucrative replacement for synthetic pesticides in Europe due to increasing regulations on chemical use and chemical residue limit. Ban on use of glyphosate, neonicotinoids and paraquat in Europe has open up the doors for growth of biopesticides industry. Also, biopesticides are showing large adoption by pesticide industry due to lesser regulation on product approval and low cost of product development. Several European countries have initiated national programs for promoting the use of biopesticides. For instance, France has introduced a scheme “Ecophyto 2018” with the aim of reducing nearly 50% of the synthetic pesticide consumption by 2018. Denmark is another country that has commenced the Green Growth program providing financial support to developers of alternative plant protection products. However, the market has been plagued with non-availability of product, limited product reach to the consumer/farmer and continuing disappearance of mixed/multiple cropping, adversely affecting the demand for biopesticides. While the prevalence of chemical or synthetic pesticides in crop protection would continue, human, animal and environmental health concerns would play key roles in driving growth for biopesticides. This market can be broadly segmented into product type-bioherbicides, biofungicides, bioinsecticides and other biopesticides. By application area, biopesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications). France is the largest biopesticides market in the region accounting XX% of the market share. It has been forecasted that France, Germany and Italy will witness the fastest biopesticide industry growth in this region during the forecasted period. The players covered in this report are AGRAUXINE SA (France), Koppert Biological System, Bayer crop science, BASF, Marrone Bio innovations, Valent Biosciences, Certis LLc, Agraquest, Novozyme biological among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the European Biopesticides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Europe.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the European Biopesticides market.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.