Europe HVDC Converter Station Market Outlook to 2020 - Market Analysis by Geography, Type, Technology, Competitive Landscape, Key Company Information - Growth Trends and Forecasts
Europes HVDC converter station market is expected to increase significantly in the coming decade. Increasing power demand and increasing number of offshore wind farms are the major factors which are leading the market in the region. Countries such as United Kingdom and Norway are expected to be the major players in this market.
HVDC converters are used to convert AC current to DC current. Alternating current (AC) is converted to direct current (DC) or vice versa in a converter station. This will be done by means of high power, high-voltage electronic semiconductor valves. AC is used in specific countrys transmission system and DC will be effectively used in sending electricity along the subsea cable.
DC transmission has become a major factor in the planning of power station with the fast development of converters at higher voltages and larger currents. Mercury arc valves were used in the beginning in every HVDC system invariably single phase in construction, in contrast to the low voltage polyphase units used for industrial application. The first converter station using thyristor exclusively was the Eel River scheme in Canada. Commissioned in 1972, it supplies 320 MW at 80 kV DC The link is of zero length and connects two AC systems of the same nominal frequency (60Hz).
Increasing energy demand, growing number of offshore wind farms, encouraging government policies towards DC transmission and demand for efficient energy are driving the market. On the flipside, high initial costs, lack of sufficient technology are some factors which are restraining the market from growth. Asia-Pacific is expected to lead HVDC converter station market in the coming decade. The region will be followed by North America and Europe in terms of market demand. South and Central Americas market is expanding at a faster rate from the past five years. Countries such as China, Japan, United States and India are expected to lead the market growth in the coming decade.
What the Report Offers
1.Market Definition for the HVDC converter station along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Europe HVDC converter station market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a country and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a country and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Europe HVDC converter station market on both country and regional scale.
6.A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Reasons for Buying this Report
1. For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the Europe market for HVDC converter station. Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2. An ideal opportunity for industry consultants, equipment manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered
3. Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them
PDF E-mail From Publisher
Multi User License (2-5 Users) Fulfilled by Publisher