Europe Crop Protection Chemicals (Pesticides) Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2015 - 2020)
The European pesticides market is a saturated market and hence is a slow growing market among other regions of the world. The value of Europe pesticides market was USD 13127.75 million in 2015 and it is forecasted that by 2020 market will grow at CAGR of 4.17%.The use of synthetic pesticides in the region has witnessed declining demand primarily due to restrictions imposed on the use of synthetic insecticides, including clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiametoxam from April, 2013.
The global trend of a move towards greater utilization of Biopesticides has been evident globally and in Europe as well. Growing demand for food safety & Quality amidst the stringent regulation procedures is driving the market. However, the stringent regulation is also a major restraint as it prevents farmer application and reduced crop yield without credible reports on environment impact. The euro zone crisis has largely reduced the credit access to the farmers, thus largely reducing the inputs needed for the growers in the European region. Another major restrain is the burgeoning research and development costs of the synthetic pesticides.
Crop-based applications would constitute the largest and the fastest growing end-use area for pesticides in the region. The use of pesticides in Europe for crop-based applications is the largest, as well as faster growing compared to non-crop-based applications. Though Germany is the single largest European volume consumer of Pesticides, accounting for an estimated share of 19.9% in 2014, Spain is likely to emerge as the fastest growing with a 2015-2020 compounded annual rate of 5.9%. The report also provides analysis on Italy, Spain, France and UK.
The key players profiled in the report include Certis UK, Syngenta, Bayer , Dow Agro, BASF, Headland agrochemicals among others. The key strategies being adopted in this market are new product launches and product registrations in the bio pesticides segment. The opportunities in this region are governments encouraging companies to voluntarily work towards sustainable pest management practices through innovations in the Biopesticides segment.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Europe Crop Protection Chemicals (Pesticides) market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe Crop Protection Chemicals (Pesticides) market.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.