The Asia-Pacific Respiratory Devices Market has been estimated to be USD 2.2 billion in 2015 and it is projected to reach USD 3.9 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 11.94% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020. Respiratory devices are the medical devices used for diagnosing and treating people who suffer from respiratory diseases. They help in removal of mucus from the respiratory airways and thereby improve pulmonary function.
The respiratory devices are used in hospitals and clinics, and home care. Hospitals are major end users. They are used in treatment and management of respiratory diseases like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis asthma, bronchitis and emphysema.
The increasing incidences of respiratory diseases, growing aging population, technological advancements, increase in disposable incomes and lifestyle changes are some of the key market drivers. However, lack of awareness, cost associated with the device and the increase in its sophistication are some major restraints for a developing country like India.
The Respiratory Device market can be segmented based on the diagnostics and monitoring devices, therapeutics and disposables. Based on diagnostics and monitoring devices, the market can be sub segmented into spirometers, sleep test devices, peak flow meters, pulse oximeters, capnographs, and gas analyzers. The therapeutic devices segment is further categorized into CPAP devices, BI-PAP devices, humidifiers, nebulizers, oxygen concentrators, ventilators, inhalers and resuscitators. The disposables segment includes masks, cannulas, tubes, filters and breathing circuit. The therapeutic devices segment accounted for the largest share of the APAC respiratory care devices market because of their increasing adoption.
Based on geography, the market is segmented into India, China, Japan, Australia and South Korea. Asia Pacific region is expected to increase its market share in the future owing to the increase in technological advancements in respiratory device market
The increase in the demand of respiratory devices in private hospitals and clinics is an opportunity for the market. While, the lack of public awareness is a key challenge for the potential market players. Many players in this market are trying to expand their product portfolio in order to top the global market. While few companies are entering into the market by acquisitions, top companies are expanding their growth in this market by acquiring other companies. Few companies adopted product innovation and new product launches as its key business strategy to ensure its dominance in this market. Some of the key players in the Asia Pacific Respiratory Devices Market are AstraZeneca, Resmed Inc, Coviden PLC, GE Healthcare, GlaxoSmithKline, Phillips Healthcare, 3M, Smiths Medical and Invacare among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific Respiratory Devices Market , with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific Respiratory Devices Market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
PDF E-mail From Publisher
Multi User License (2-5 Users) Fulfilled by Publisher