Pharmaceuticals in South Africa - Industry and Country Analysis provides five forces Industry analysis, along with PESTLE country analysis of South Africa. This report concludes with profiles of the leading companies in the South African pharmaceuticals market.Description:
Includes market value/volume, geographical segmentation, and five forces (buyer power, supplier power, new entrants, substitutes, and rivalry) analysis of the Pharmaceuticals Industry in South Africa. The PESTLE analysis section analyzes the current challenges, future prospects and risks across political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental areas of the country. Scope:
- Contains data on market value, volume and/or segmentation for Pharmaceuticals in South Africa
- Incorporates in-depth five forces competitive environment analysis
- analyzes the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure of South Africa
- The leading companies are identified with supporting key financial metrics (where available)
The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors).
Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2009 annual average exchange rates.Highlights:
The South African pharmaceuticals market is expected to have total revenue of $2.4 billion in 2010, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.6% for the period spanning 2006-2010.
The other therapeutic purposes segment is forecast to be the market's most lucrative in 2010, with total revenue of $1.1 billion, equivalent to 47.1% of the market's overall value.
The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 17.8% for the five-year period 2010-2015, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $5.5 billion by the end of 2015.Reasons to purchase:
- Spot future trends and developments
- Inform your business decisions
- Add weight to presentations and marketing materials