The Starch produced from Corn is known as Corn Starch. Starch is made from endosperm portion of corn kernel. Corn Starch is also called as Maize starch, cornflour etc. It is a white, tasteless and odourless powder that is insoluble in cold water, alcohol or any other solvent. It is used as thickening, stiffening and gluing agent in many products.
- Indian Corn Starch Market is forecast to double in the next four years.
- The utilization of corn starch in wide array of industries and new food consumption habits are the major drivers of the market.
- The end user industries such as paper, textile, pharmaceutical and confectionery are witnessing positive growth rate, thus increasing demand for corn starch in the country.
- India currently has more than 6,000 Tonnes per Day (TPD) of wet milling processing capacity spread across the country
- Combined revenue of major corn starch companies have tripled in last five years
- The growth potential for corn starch is tremendous in the country with current starch consumption per capita way below global average
Scope of the study
This comprehensive report on Corn Starch and Derivatives market in India comprises
- Quantification and analyses of the market for Corn Starch and derivatives in India
- Current market size and forecasts of the Corn Starch in the country
- Illustration of drivers and key corn starch facts
- Processing capacity data of the industry
- Competitive Landscape: Market share and profiles of leading players
- SWOT analysis of Corn Starch Industry